Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
She (my wife Nicky) told me she can't stand the hard ride anymore.

Suppose I should be flattered…. sort of...but the love of my life (besides my Evo), with unborn Evo enthusiast inside, has stated enough is enough.

So...where can I get lowered Eibachs or the likes to fit my 4 with Ohlins in toe, that will also make her ride more durable.

THIS IS AN URGENT REQUEST AND AN OPPERTUNITY TO SPEND MONEY IN MY 'PRECIOUSES' NAME HAS A RISEN!!ASAP!!!:D

So come on and help me spend my money!:)...I mean our money:D

Colie

PS

TorboZ, check out previous post for you attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Going too soft might damage your dampers. If the spring is so soft that the damper does the whole job, it will wear, leak and fail. Talk to the rallye driver!

You might be able to get hold of a cheap set of OEM dampers since most rallye places junk them or leave them somewhere on a shelf.

Just dont go and buy something that just fits. You can go softer, but dont go and break sthg!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claudius,

Thanks again.

Thank god for this forum and people like you that care enough to take the time......(yes ok, i know your just protect my Evo!:D)

stops bumbling fools like me cocking every thing up!;)

On closer examination my Ohlins have small allen key slots inside the core of the fixture.
is this the bump and rebound adjustment that TurboZ says that i have?
will i damage the damper by adjusting them, not knowing exactly what i'm doing?

Cheers

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that slot like a two in one thing if you know what I mean? Like does it have a small screw inside that can be adjusted and one on the outside? If so, it looks like bump rebound adjustment. And, IN THAT CASE, you could try and adjust them, although it would be better to get a rallye mechanic to change the settings. Anyway, if you cant resist playing around, first make sure you know which screw you turn how many clicks and which way (clockwise or anticlockwise). Only turn the smaller one on the front left and front right. Change it by say 4 clicks at a time ON BOTH SIDES.

What you have to do now is check what you adjusted, if it was the bump or rebound. If after changing the settings, the car becomes harder or softer when going into a corner, you have changed the bump. Adjust it as you want it, ie more comfortable or harder.
If the car feels softer / more comfortable driving through a small hole, you have taken off rebound; if it it jumpy , you have added rebound. Take off rebound.

Always remember what you did to which screw in which way and always do the same thing on both sides of the front. Do the back later. Write it down if necessary. Be careful sometimes the clicks are really hard to feel with your fingers!

Do the same ting to the rear, after you are done with the front. But dont open the rebound too much or you will get too much body roll: when you open the rebound on the rear left hand side, the front right hand side will be pushed down ie roll.

I am telling you, this is not so easy, get a professional to do it for you, they can make it comfortable but still right. You could just open all the settings fully but that would give you a Citroen and wear the dampers that will start leaking etc. Get someone to check what spring rates you have!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C,

Thanks,

I think i'll wait untill i can get a profesional to look at it. I think i might just end up making it feel worse for my wifes trouble.... and seeing as i don't mind.......

She has decided she would prefare a more 'nip into town' type car anyway. I said 'OK babe, what ever you want':D!..(which means my baby will only be driven by me at the weekends or for a blast during the week!:D Yee haa! A result!)

Thanks again.

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) It is best to get your wife to drive another car. Get a cheap big one and that's it. ;)

I would still get a professional to look at your suspensions, if they are too hard they wont be efficient. But maybe it is just you thinking they are hard when they're not because, say you had a Citroën before! :D just kidding mate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re:Eibachs for my evo 4!

318i BMW..with soft sus!...:)

I'm thninking of trying to get her somthing with some uummpphh...a little sporty looking (she like that...) but with more power than she realises...so when i have to drive it i can have some fun too:D!

any thoughts?

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just talked to a very good friend of mine who sells Toyotas. He said the Corolla TSport is good, from 6000 to 8000 rpms. Could be fun, your wife wouldnt realize it has power because she will never rev it up that high1 ;) He mentioned the Yaris TSport to be very light and kind of powerful (faster than a Golf GTI) and lots of fun. Unfortunately they are front wheel drive. But I'm sure the Corolla would be considered like a good family car by the boss. ;) He also mentioned the new Civic (VTI or sthg?). He told me to go and try those and I think that is what you should do too.

I talked to him because he can get me a car for a cheap price (VAT free from Finland) and because he drives a lot of different models. And also because Toyotas never break. He said the only thing that is wrong with them is sometimes the heatable seats dont work correctly in which case they replace them for free. Not sure if he can get RHD. Go try some cars I would say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts