Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that Dragon do Eibach lowering springs for about £130. Meant to take the edge off the ride and improve handing. Not too worried about the ride as like the feel, but can anyone vouch for Eibachs improving the handling over standard springs?

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Steve

I have had the Eibachs for over a year now and can vouch that they do improve ride especially on the motorway. Handling is improved slightly as they are lowered. Trust me the car looks so much better lowered.
One word of warning thou, these springs are progressive so you will get a lot of body roll before the car reachs the springs limits. They are fine for everyday use but if you want a less body roll and want better handling Dragon also do a uprated lowering spring set. I think it costs slightly more thou.

As I use my car a lot on the track I am going to uprate my whole damper system. So if anyone wants a set of Eibachs second hand I will have a set avaliable in a couple of mounths. (takes that long for the suspension to get shipped over here) ;-(

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Thorak,

I don't like body roll - may go for the Dragon uprated ones, or maybe the Leda lowering springs which I hear have a similar spring rate to the originals. Quite happy with a hard ride, plus my dentist gets to see me more often http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had eibach springs on my evo5 and found them to be a good comprimise between comfort and handling ,on the limit though they can be a little soft.
Believe there are two eibach springs ,ralliart do one set which tony cox developed which are slightly dearer i had these before changing to leda adjustables which are great for tailoring your driving needs,theres a set for sale on here .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys find the standard ride too stiff?

I find that it's a good compromise for this kind of car,but I wouldn't want it to be softer than this.
I use now proflex gr.n suspension with separate gas tanks,and even if the handling and curve speed is really improved I can understand that you could expect some more comfort
than gr.n.
But not softer than standard!
And even if I don't know the eibach springs for the evo,for sure they are softer and you have more body roll.
The standard height of the evo is too high(except for Claudiushttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >),but lower and softer is the wrong way to go.
If you just want to change the springs,look for the standard values in kg/mm and try to find lower springs with unchanged or slightly higher values.
I don't know anything about replacement springs for the standard shocks,but what about the hks?

K and W supply a road height adjustable kit for the evo vi and they are not too expensive for what you get(around 800£ for shock absorbers with adjustable compression like koni and
the springs)but even if they are height adjustable they are twin cylinder type shock,as standard ones,and not single cylinder as gr.n.

A single cylinder shock absorbs better the holes and feels more confortable even if in fact it's stiffer and have less body roll in a curve(did you follow me?).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure whats on mine exactly. its not standard.
its very low and very stiff.
No noticeable body roll!!
great in the dry, not so great in the wet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest the HKS super sport springs, -16 mm rear / -32mm front plus
uprated / stiffer gives better trackday handling, not worried about the bump and amp; crash around town.

I looked into the eibachs but found them too soft. http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/wink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts