Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Sad to hear things like this, but it was out of order for Wenger to say live on TV "He must never play again" about the Birmingham Player. Bad challenges are part of football, they will always be part of it unfortunately. A bit out of order for Wenger to say that!

I hate Arsenal, but i hope Eduardo makes a speedy (well as speedy as it can be) recovery.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I imagine it could be quite hard coming back from an injury like that :(

On my way back from Anfield I heard Wenger on Radio 5 say it's a broken tib & fib and also a badly broken ankle.

Looks worse than David Busst's injury and he never came back from that. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Regardless of whather bad challenges happenor not, there are bad challenges and there are just down right BAD challenges. This one was shocking. Wenger is a man of tact and proper conduct and i personally think he is 100% right in what he said, Martin Wright should not be allowed to play competitively again in the Premiership without some sort of lengthy ban. I disagree with the "forever" part, but look at the angle he goes in for the challenge at.

3 minutes into the game, thats just over zealousness, and sheer stupidity and unprofessionalism. As a professional footballer these guys have a certain degree of responsibility and "role model" standings with youngsters.

I cant look at those photos, they are ridiculous, the guydeserves to be banned for at least and minimum the remainder of the season, fined the maximum fine imposable, and should not be allowed to play in the premiership again. Maybe lower leagues yes. but not in Englands Elite.

One thing that stands out......hes not issued any sort of Apology.....says it all really.

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
Michael,
I don't know if you've played much football but you probably get 1 or 2 of those tackles during most games but it was very unlucky the way it ended up.

From looking at the videos etc.. it doesn't seem there was any intent in it. Eduardo just got a touch on the ball after Taylor went in for the tackle and I've been in a similar situation myself many times and you try to adjust your foot position to take account of the fact that the forward has got a touch. That's what he's done and that's why it looks so bad IMO.

And I also believe that he has issued an apology.

Andy

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Michael,
I don't know if you've played much football but you probably get 1 or 2 of those tackles during most games but it was very unlucky the way it ended up.

From looking at the videos etc.. it doesn't seem there was any intent in it. Eduardo just got a touch on the ball after Taylor went in for the tackle and I've been in a similar situation myself many times and you try to adjust your foot position to take account of the fact that the forward has got a touch. That's what he's done and that's why it looks so bad IMO.

And I also believe that he has issued an apology.

Andy
Here Here!

I can remember when Hennrik Larrson broke his leg at Celtic looked bad!!!! But no one around him to blame. These things happen in Fooozball.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
same here actually i hate football lol but watched that tackle if you could call it that on the news earlier bad **** springs to mind

like wenger said the offender should never be allowed to kick a ball again very dirty challenge indeed :mad:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
same here actually i hate football lol but watched that tackle if you could call it that on the news earlier bad **** springs to mind

like wenger said the offender should never be allowed to kick a ball again very dirty challenge indeed :mad:
Spur of the moment!!! It's a difficult call Hippy!

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
The way some people are going on makes me think about Roy Keanes tackle!

Now this was intentional! And im sure all Manchester United fans will agree!

Clicky

There was no intent in Wrights tackle on Eduardo!

And before anyone thinks i am a United fan just slagging off Arsenal like i should, i am in fact not a United fan. I follow 'proper' football in League 2.

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
Hippy,
You do have to go in with force otherwise if you end up going in with a 'limp' leg then it's you that ends up with a broken leg because your leg isn't ready for the challenge.

Looking at the photos you can see that the break has happened because his ankle has got trapped between the boot and the floor.

I saw this very same thing happen to my fellow centre back when I was playing football at uni. It still makes me feel sick to this day when I think about it. Sad thing is that the guy took 12 months to be walking again properly never mind playing football again.

Andy

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Hippy,
You do have to go in with force otherwise if you end up going in with a 'limp' leg then it's you that ends up with a broken leg because your leg isn't ready for the challenge.

Looking at the photos you can see that the break has happened because his ankle has got trapped between the boot and the floor.

I saw this very same thing happen to my fellow centre back when I was playing football at uni. It still makes me feel sick to this day when I think about it. Sad thing is that the guy took 12 months to be walking again properly never mind playing football again.

Andy
yeh agreed andy but theres force and theres force mate like i said not very much into footie these days i like to smoke :mhihi:

but you gotta agree he slammed into the other lad pretty hard and fast

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
i kind off agree prolekult

but you gotta be going in with some force to snap a blokes leg in half like he has wouldnt you agree there
Football is all about force Hippy!! Poor guy! wrong tackle wrong time!! Instead of looking at the break... look at the tacklers expresion!! Normal tackle!! what the ****:blah:

P.s The MEDIA is a nasty thing

1 - 20 of 71 Posts