Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Been inquiring about getting the car remapped once im home, the peeps that i spoken to have given me a cracking price on the re-map but have told me that its 150 notes extra for the license which as far as im aware off is only needed for ecutek.

Do you need this license for the an ecuflash ?

Cheers

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Hi guys

Been inquiring about getting the car remapped once im home, the peeps that i spoken to have given me a cracking price on the re-map but have told me that its 150 notes extra for the license which as far as im aware off is only needed for ecutek.

Do you need this license for the an ecuflash ?

Cheers
no you don't :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Nope, but there's not that many pro tuners using ECUflash. In many cases has more flexibility than ECUtek. It'll do the same job, different tool, more down to the mapper you chose to use.

MB

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
cheers,so buying a second hand ecu with ecutek license am not really going to save very much then ?so wat price would a basic remap be ?
If you already have an ECU with a license then around £350. If you shop around a little you may be able to strike a deal.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Apparently ECUflash now offers anti-lag & launch control. It's also alot cheaper than ECUtek!:smthumbup More & more is being discovered within the std ECU & the likes of a GT3076 can be run without the use of a stand alone ECU unlike before.:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Yes Ecuflash has all those features and more, such a valet mode, switchable maps, CEL flash on knock etc. Not just 3076's can be run, there are a couple who have run a 35R on them:)

Apparently ECUflash now offers anti-lag & launch control. It's also alot cheaper than ECUtek!:smthumbup More & more is being discovered within the std ECU & the likes of a GT3076 can be run without the use of a stand alone ECU unlike before.:thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
sounds good,so wats a rough cost for a ecuflash ?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You metioned to me before Gray that the piggy-back can come off when getting it ECUflashed, would it come off with the ecutek ? a company i spoke to said it stays on.

Price wise being a friend of a friend they said they would remap for 395 but would need to pay for the license, if getting it flashed tho i could save a few $$$$ < american keyboard.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
The piggy-back is removed when EcuTek is used also, the company you spoke to are very wrong and should not be flashing cars if that's what they think.

You metioned to me before Gray that the piggy-back can come off when getting it ECUflashed, would it come off with the ecutek ? a company i spoke to said it stays on.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The piggy-back is removed when EcuTek is used also, the company you spoke to are very wrong and should not be flashing cars if that's what they think.
Exactly my thought even before seeing Grays reply. Sounds like they have little experience with Evo's, or they're muppets.

MB

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Any piggy back should be removed when properley re-mapping the stock ECU

A piggy back system interupts signals into the ecu to fool it. This is not needed or desired when re-mapping the stock ecu

I Use Ecutek and a 4 wheel drive dyno to properly re-map the ecu to the engine with Before and after figures not just power runs but varied load varied RPM

Kind Regards

Matt

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have read alot of good reviews about you Matt but your a long way for me to travel....... gonna have to look into this a bit more i think

Any piggy back should be removed when properley re-mapping the stock ECU

A piggy back system interupts signals into the ecu to fool it. This is not needed or desired when re-mapping the stock ecu

I Use Ecutek and a 4 wheel drive dyno to properly re-map the ecu to the engine with Before and after figures not just power runs but varied load varied RPM

Kind Regards

Matt

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
I guess it will depend on whereabouts in the country you are?

There are also a number of individuals who are quite handy with ECUFlash but obviously you won't get the benefits associated with going to a 'proper' tuning company

Andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts