Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Quick question for a mate at work who has just bought himself a nice shiney 260 and has asked me about ecu flashing.

Would there be any benefit to performance by getting a ecutek remap on a bog standard 260? He's not interested in high BHP, just needs general driveability improved without touching the exhaust.

Cheers

·
Registered
223 Posts
I reckon they will smooth out the performance across the range, they seem well stiffled to me as standard. Obviously better with change of exhaust and maybe a de-cat but even without I bet they can work it a bit.

Having said all that, tell him to pull his finger out and get it mod'ed :D , it's only a matter of time surely before he'll want more anyway.

Also, if warranty is an issue I believe from a few entries recently on here that Mitsi UK have a few goodies that will be warranty approved for the 260.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi All,

A remap of the standard EVO 8 260 will boost it to 290-295 bhp. Sadly, without changing the exhaust system you will still have the same bottom end lag, but the performance after 3500 rpm is much better, and will pull cleanly until the redline. With ECUTEK the dealers won't pick it with the mitsubishi diagnostic tools either.

Of course the throttle response is much better, and the power delivery at part throttle cruising is a bit smoother and sharper aswell.

Any further questions contact me on 08709-911-797. We've done lots of work on the 8 260 - I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Chris Davies
WRC Tehnologies

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
aus73 said:
Hi All,

A remap of the standard EVO 8 260 will boost it to 290-295 bhp. Sadly, without changing the exhaust system you will still have the same bottom end lag, but the performance after 3500 rpm is much better, and will pull cleanly until the redline. With ECUTEK the dealers won't pick it with the mitsubishi diagnostic tools either.

Of course the throttle response is much better, and the power delivery at part throttle cruising is a bit smoother and sharper aswell.

Any further questions contact me on 08709-911-797. We've done lots of work on the 8 260 - I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Chris Davies
WRC Tehnologies
What about on a totally std mr320 even with cat fitted? as I'd like to not worry about the warranty being affected but would like alittle more go and have the bloody fuel cut adjusted.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ginga,

We have done a remap on an FQ320. I think it went to around 350 flywheel bhp. As I say to all of our customers - if we tune your car and its not a different animal when you get it back we will happily take the bits and pieces off and give you your money back.

I've said the same thing since we started - and haven't had any dis-satisfied customers.

Give me a call and we can run through the details.

Regards,

Chris Davies
Technical Director

·
Registered
117 Posts
I´m going to pick up next friday my brand new evo8 and would like to put the Ecutek reflash in my car.
Can u aus73 sell me a used ecu with the reflash done????
By the way.... i´m from Portugal..... so no tuning is possible.
I need something I can swap and have good gains.
With the modificatins I am stating above.... i want about 300 + bhp.... perhaps 320bhp at the most....but no more.

PS - I´m thinking in puting the HKS BOV kit (the one with the IC pipe), 3" dowpine, decat, HKS turbotimer1, gruppem intake and some kind of boost controler (mechanic perhaps... like the dawes device) that is rather simple to install because Portugal sucks in terms of good installers of electronic stuff.

PS2 - They say its the evo8 gsr but with 265bhp.... but i imagine its the same as the yours evo8 260.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.