Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if, once a car's been mapped, even if you don't add any more mods is it worth getting it mapped again periodically? Just to make sure evrything's running perfectly and as it should be? Just a thought

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Not sure if they need mapping again only if you add some mods, but yes always a good idea to keep a check on fueling etc..... ;)

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would a rolling-road checkup periodically do the trick? Can that keep track of fuelling, ignition, boost etc?

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I put my car on the dyno from time to time - usually at dyno days 'cos it's cheaper and a good laugh anyway :D

Last time it showed up a tiny boost leak which I didn't know about, so lets you check your state of tune is OK :coolsm:

Rog

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

The maps do not change. Though if you have some knock, the ECU will remeber the octain number and make small adjustments. But the ideal is not to have to rely on this, just get dam close to it!

If you are running a close to the edge tune, there are so many logging/AFR tools out there, you have no excuse not to know whats going on with your car. Most others don't need to bother with another tuning sesion unless you change something or have a problem.

MB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts