Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a new Clifford alarm in my 5 which required that the battery be disconnected during fitting. On Sunday I went for a blast with Screemin to watch some action at Donnington and noticed that the car seemed noticably quicker than normal - could this be due to the resetting of the ECU that happens if the battery is disconnected for and amp;gt; 10 mins (or so I understand)? I have had the car for about 8 weeks and have used Optimax.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, that is a logical explination, although as the weather has been a lot colder over the last few days this will also make the car produce more power. I have noticed a big differency between driving during the day at about 6 degrees C and driving at night when it is -3 degrees!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long do I have to leave the battery disconnected for to reset the EUC? I left it for about 2 mins, when I reconnected there appeared to be no difference :(. Thought I may notice a slight change as I'm now using Optimax.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also want to reset the ECU today...is 10 min really enough? How should the car be driven right after the reset? All revs, hard driving, smooth driving....?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know much about the Lancer (looking into an Evo 5 for another car) but on my little Fiat Coupe the ECU reset trick seems to help quite a bit, most people reckon 10-20mins is sufficient but I leave it overnight personally, within 30 miles or so the ECU should have your car running right, the sorts of things that can happen on the Fiat but probably rings trye for the Lancer is that if you have been stuck in traffic for a while the car gets pretty hot, it can then detect a bit of knock and so it retards the timing (I think) and can take a while for the car to sort it self out again after this. But as was quite rightly stated Turbo cars have a lovely reaction to cold air and always seem to run better.

Always worth doing a reset after you have done a few mods or in the Coupes case gone for 95 to Optimax, seems to release the full potential and allows the ECU to run full boost without having to pull it back due to detting etc.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Optimax expensive?
How does Optimax price compare with SUL round your way then?
Optimax is 5p/litre cheaper than SUL round here. (Shell Optimax 75.9p/litre, Sainsbury's SUL 79.9p/litre, ESSO SUL 79.6p/litre)

....I suppose you mean compared to Premium UL?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Filled up last night at Shell in Altrincham. Optimax at 71.9p/litre :):):). Move 5 miles out of Altrincham to Lymm and its 4p/litre more expensive. How bizarre :(:(

Andy

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Lol..love the search function...takes you back in time, like earlier in this thread where petrol is 75p

Absolutley shocking...And yet we've been brain washed to put up with it, so now when they drop the price buy 2p we think petrol is "cheap"

:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.