Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tactrix open port cable 1.3M Mitsubishi.

Has two Mitsi plugs on one end and USB on the other to connect to laptop.

Free software is available to download to datalog and remap your Evo VII onwards ECU. See www.openecu.org

I am selling it because I have bought another cable that will also do my friend's Subaru.

The price new, landed in the UK is about £85.

Offers by PM please, thinking of about £65.

·
Registered
401 Posts
John,i'm finding the link you referred to quite confusing to read. Is there base maps available on that site for certain set ups? then you can tweak them from there by using the likes of a wideband o2 sensor? It all sounds too good to be true

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sold to grayw with thanks.

There are no base maps on the site except standard maps that people have downloaded from their ECUs.

However, for a typical Evo still on the airbox, with exhaust and fuel pump then you can gain substantial performance by raising the wastegate and boost levels. You can then datalog with free software to make sure that there is no knock, and as you say you can use a wideband to check the fuelling. If running standard induction then you can use the standard narrowband lambda sensor as a very rough guide, but at least a visit to the rollers to get a lambda plot would be better.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
lee4 said:
John,i'm finding the link you referred to quite confusing to read. Is there base maps available on that site for certain set ups? then you can tweak them from there by using the likes of a wideband o2 sensor? It all sounds too good to be true
no its not quite that simple but it is getting there

·
Registered
21 Posts
what download , do u use for an evo VII

hi , what software is advisable from open ecu website for mapping and tweaking ecu on evo VII

1 - 7 of 7 Posts