Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to look an E6 in the next few days which apparently has had an ECU conversion which allows it to run on standard unleaded/95 RON. (It also has improved air intake and amp; exhaust of the normal variety which I am not too worried about).

Should I be touching this car with a bargepole or not, and what questions should I be asking, apart from who did the work?

Cheers
Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
steve ,

check out [email protected][if not a member ,just sign in]
thread by T99EVO,a week or so ago.
He has had the power enginnering mapping to 95RON and is very happy, also had it tested on rolling rd,found power increase.The car is now doing lots more miles per fill up.

cheers

paul s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian,

The thread number is 6882. just type it in at the top of page and will get you there.A few reply just after as well.

cheers

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta, found it.

I was looking on the Evo6 group I joined ages ago that seems to have died. Doh!

Interesting! I might go for it too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had some mixed feedback on these conversions (see also the recent thread on 22B. I think it a case of do your own research!

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can get down/up/across to Dudley, Ralliart have a black VI with the PE remap, PE full exhaust system and a quickshift gearchange on it. 3 of us drove this car a few weeks ago and I was not really impressed; though I gather that subsequently PE do a 4 stage boost switch depending on the RON rating of fuel you put in the car (or something like that). Personally I'm waiting for a long term user report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts