Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've had ongoing problems with my Lancer this year. I've had the ECU and ABS pump reconditioned at great expense, yet a short while later the same error appears. I sent it back for further investigation and the garage found no fault, said it was likely a wiring problem but couldn't be of any further assistance. I love my car, but I'm losing my patience and my bank balance is looking quite sorry for itself. Any suggestions?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Stareast, back in January the fault given has for C2116 which the garage advised was related to the ECU and ABS pump.
I had the ECU refurbished and the car drove fine for a couple of weeks before the warning lights came on again. I took it back and they said the ABS brake modulator needed to be replaced. It was a very costly job so I researched and found a company that refurbishes the part for a third of the price. About a month went by and then once again the warning lights came up again.
This time I took it to Mitsubishi who said the Fault was C2112 again the ABS. I took it back to the garage I had all the work done who sent the unit off again. This time they said they could find no fault with the unit.
They put it back together and it seems to be working without an error message (so far). When I questioned if the problem was simply the sensor and if all the work done up to now was necessary, they shrugged and said they didn't know. Having spent a thousand pounds in 4 months that was not the answer I was looking for. The car has only done 37000 miles so I find it hard to believe such big problems are occurring so soon.

· Registered
63 Posts
My Evo X FQ400 is showing same symptoms (Intermittent ASC Off & ABS Service Required_ I am not sure if to get ASC-ECU replaced by Mitsi at £1900 or what? Any pointers would be appreciated...

I am going to check Fuse 26 tonight which if I understand correctly feeds power to the motor within the ABS unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.