Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys fitted some ebc disks and green stuff pads to my rover,reading the little magazine that came with it they do disks and pads for scoobys and evos,has any body tried them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jonah what sort of dog is your rover!!! and did he mind you bolting all of these car bits to him?? Sorry Jonah just could not resist this Roger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm due to get EBC discs and amp; pads (green stuff) fitted soon so I'll let you know. Quite when is a bit of a mystery (as is much in Lancer-land) but hopefully before I wear right through my old discs!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just changed my pads after wearing out a set of Greenstuff pads. They were ok in terms of not warping the discs. But the stopping power was not very good for spirted motoring. Used on the track they were a joke. I've just recently fitted Pagid RS4-2-1 pads and they seem really good. Quite positive, and good braking even on first use when cold. They are an organic pad so your wheels stay cleaner longer which is a bonus. I like them a lot so far. Only problem is they are twice the cost of the Greenstuff pads but so far I would say quite worth the extra.

ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EBC brakes have been discussed loads before, but for those who missed it here goes.

After loads of problems with Green Stuff pads EBC admitted to some owners they weren't really designed for cars of the weight of Evo's, but more suited to Saxo's, etc. EBC even refunded some owners or placed them with Red Stuff. I had them fitted to my old 4 and for normal driving they were an improvement on the OE pads, but just couldn't take the heat from high speed braking. They scorched my discs after braking from 100mph and braking after that was a nightmare. I had to get the discs skimmed in the end and the Green Stuff pads were binned. I've also seen Green Stuff pads reduced to nothing on the track in hardly any laps.

Hope this helps,

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about ebc discs,ive been given a set to try ,but wont bother fitting them if im wasting my time ??
Think i already know the answer to this one,.......... if you have to ask the question,you already know the answer !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have EBC discs on mine, seemed to warp just as quick as the others.

Unless your on a tight budget, I would throw the brembo set-up in the nearest skip
and replace with AP....http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Did I mention I may have a spare AP kit ?

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice try Justin......my bank statements already say Torque ic more times than they say Barclays !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

and ive got to charge you for the intercooler tonight, should be delivered Tuesday.

ROFL!!!!!

Perhaps with all the parts youve been buying, I should send you an AP kit for free ?

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With all the parts youve been buying, I will send you an AP kit for free !

Justin,this is a legally binding contract........send them by tuesday or you will need a solicitor !!!!
(free advice........dont choose evoboy to represent you!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lucky I said perhaps http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Justin, do you still have the AP brakes? I want it if it is available.

thanks.

Lawrence.
(sent you an email)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts