Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard of people using the Greenstuff pads happily, however I had a set fitted on the front of my 6 and they were terrible. It later became appparent that they were faulty which was why they were fading badly. I am now using the Redstuff pads which came highly recommened, they are performing badly and braking performance is not good at all. However my front discs are quite worn but not warped. Ayone had any experience with these or am I the worlds unlukiest Evo owner and got another set off faulty pads. And yes I do use my evo very hard but use the brakes gradually(probably why my disks havent warped)
Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C2GSR

I used the Green Stuff pads over a year ago and they really messed up my discs. Whilst the initial feel of them was good, particularly at normal speeds, they ending up scorching my discs which had to be skimmed. They would overheat from braking at high speeds and just couldn't cope. Apparently, they are not really designed for heavier cars like Evo's, they are aimed at Saxo's, etc. This came from a number of sources, including EBC who I remember even swapped some sets, free of charge, to Red Stuff pads for some owners.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with warping discs and I have been hanging on to see who finds a good replacement, it seems most makes have their own problems, I have just bought today a pair of EBC discs and a set of EBC green pads for £390.(incl VAT) This is quite a bit cheaper than most. They are their own castings and have been cross drilled for me AND grooved to get rid of the heat quickly. I raised my concerns that they too will warp but they have given me a 30,000 KM 12 month guarantee that if I use their pads on their discs then they will replace them. - I shall put them on this weekend. Before I go READ THIS and amp;gt; and amp;gt; and amp;gt; and amp;gt; and amp;gt; and amp;gt; I had my car tracked to parallel, no toe in or out, and my wobble is 90 % better !!!!!!! - I am serious, for a tenner get your car 4 wheel tracked and have it as PARALLEL not as they state in their set up !!!! and amp;lt; and amp;lt; and amp;lt; and amp;lt; and amp;lt; and amp;lt; and amp;lt; [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rallycol

do you use carbon metalic z rated pads yourself
what kind of discs do you use and the main question is do you drive trackdays i mean do really give youre brembo s a hard time means that youre caliper is getting a bit of a brown colour and the white brembo letters are getting yellow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raalycol

EBC |EQU| Ends in big crash: LOL!

I guess they're BS, get AP watercooled 8 piston set (I dont know what you could get for the front though)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
8 piston watercooled calipers costs about 1500 pounds each without disc and bell and bracket

have a nice day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts