Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was taking all the precautions, but still got buggered - Royally, by a ****** on Ebay. I'm posting this thread to see if anyone else has had the same experience:

Just over 8weeks ago, I won an Apexi Power FC + controller, for the sum of £491, which I thought was a good price. People were buying stuff off this person left, right and centre, and he had no neg feedback, so thought I would be pretty safe. He subsequently phoned me twice to say the parts were on their way, but surprise surprise, still no Power FC at my door. I am gutted beyond belief, but want to try and help other from being frauded by the same A55hole. His user ID at the time was 'officially pimped', later changed to 'op_performance', and now, I believe he's back using another Pseudonym. He's based in the Warrington area.

Everyone beware, and if he's reading this, then: You better move house quickly, cos I will find you!!! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I think I'm in the process of being had by this guy too - APEXi AVR-R and S-AFC ordered on 15th May - still waiting...

Have talked to him on several occasions and it may *just* be that he's underpriced his parts stupidly and is having difficulty keeping up with demand.

On the other hand, if it's not sorted out by the end of the week, then I'm reporting him to the police and reclaiming my money from VISA (bought via a money processing firm 2com.com or something - have a note at home)

Bloody frustrating, but relatively safe financially, I think, given use of VISA etc...

Will post updates...

Rog

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has phoned and promised me a full refund by the end of the week, there are posts about people waiting for stuff in two skyline forums and the mazda forum so far it seems about half a dozen ppl are waiting..... we will see!! Its not even 'home from work time' for most ppl so this figure could still rise!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Admiral said:
Do you know if anyone has ever actually received any goods from him?

Cheers :)
Well before ebay suspened his account he had had 100 happy customers and he has set himself up with a new ID on there and had a couple of good feedback already, but I've not actually spoken to anyone who says they have had thier stuff only those who haven't

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I'm waiting for an AVC-R won 29th of April, keep getting told it will be here soon and even promised a turbo timer FOC :confused: :(

Gonna chase him on the phone tommorrow which I haven't done yet...

1 - 20 of 136 Posts