Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to get into these cars?!

Click the individual vids - my favourite is the plunger :eek:

Clicky

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
I think these are spoofs. The plunger one almost certainly is as it was on Mythbusters. Basically there is someone standing near with the car's remote. They do whatever "trick" it is then the car is unlocked off-screen via the remote. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same with the others.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have seen an AA guy use a simialr method to the ballon, on the passanger door of a new BMW to help open the door enough to get a coat hanger in to unlock the door to get to the keys inside.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
the plunger 1 may be on that car, but some older cars central locking uses an air system, and i seem to remember that they could be opened with a tennis ball cut in half, i think i was shown it when i was young by an 'old school' mechanic

But then again i could be wrong :D

Stu
Didn't I already say it was on Mythbusters? :) It was the tennis ball method they tested and even worked up to compressed air to see if they could pop the lock and they couldn't.

Not only are the methods suss (opening with your TeeVee remote? Come on...) the way it is filmed too; trying to act like they're breaking the law and have to tip toe around.

It's the whole thing, the whole package....it just "looks" like a spoof.

·
Premium Member
22,069 Posts
Didn't I already say it was on Mythbusters? :) It was the tennis ball method they tested and even worked up to compressed air to see if they could pop the lock and they couldn't.

Not only are the methods suss (opening with your TeeVee remote? Come on...) the way it is filmed too; trying to act like they're breaking the law and have to tip toe around.

It's the whole thing, the whole package....it just "looks" like a spoof.
I do agree, all those video's appeared to be spoofs, and i dont doubt what you say on Mythbusters, but i do remember, 15 years or so ago fixing a central locking system for someone, the central locking worked off some sort of air system. even then it was an older car, and not a particacularily expensive one, but i cant remember what car it was. I have only ever seen this system on 1 car though

well, as i cant offer any firm evidence to contradict you, i'll give in on this 1 :D

Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts