Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully not treading on any toes here....

The Midlands meet is the closest to my area but still a good 80/90 miles away which makes it difficult to partake in regular evening pub meets.

Noticed quite a few Evo's knocking around the Nottingham area so may be worth trying to get a few together for a one off meet or maybe a regular pub meet such as the Griffins Head in Papplewick.

Every 1st and 3rd wednesday from May (usually) Griffins Head is used to hold the Classic Car & Custom meets through the summer. Which gives the opportunity for us all to catch up, have a look around some classics & custom cars and get some nice photo's with the option for a nice bit of food etc. on site. (It's quite a nice pub.)

This is just a suggestion to get the ball rolling and get the local evo's together for a few snaps and familiarise faces.

Use this thread for any suggestions or interest and maybe we can all sort something out, whether it be a one off or regular thing.

Matt

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
a few images of past classic car meets at this location, for those who are not familiar. Offers a wide range of cars from new to old.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The griffins head is good really good In fact when the suns out its rammed , Ill Be up for a local meet
Maybe twice a month or something at a nice pub ,grab some food ,pool etc ,and have a natter ,we did used to go to the clock warehouse in shardow ? Think it's called that but I've not herd much about that lately maybe the weather .......
But yeh I'm in ,I'm sure there's a few linc lads on here to

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
It would be great if someone could step up to become the East Midlands RO. Someone stepped up last year but then have in alittle soon before picking up interest after a failed RR day. Darin would ultimately have to decide but it would be good to see someone creating more activity your end. I will try and sort an RR day again that way soon, and maybe a Hooters or meet in the middle meet? The evening meets are good, best to start with once a month and if interest is good then you can push for two nights a month, dropping back to one when it does down again :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The griffins head is good really good In fact when the suns out its rammed , Ill Be up for a local meet
Maybe twice a month or something at a nice pub ,grab some food ,pool etc ,and have a natter ,we did used to go to the clock warehouse in shardow ? Think it's called that but I've not herd much about that lately maybe the weather .......
But yeh I'm in ,I'm sure there's a few linc lads on here to
Sounds a good plan, the clock warehouse is not somewhere i've been but a good suggestion and having several venues to switch between would make a bigger catchment area within the East Midlands and hopefully introduce more interest!

This is to hopefully get the ball rolling with plenty of suggestions and get something formalised that suits the majority, glad to see some interest :)

It would be great if someone could step up to become the East Midlands RO. Someone stepped up last year but then have in alittle soon before picking up interest after a failed RR day. Darin would ultimately have to decide but it would be good to see someone creating more activity your end. I will try and sort an RR day again that way soon, and maybe a Hooters or meet in the middle meet? The evening meets are good, best to start with once a month and if interest is good then you can push for two nights a month, dropping back to one when it does down again :)
I'm personally a bit of a noob for such a role but don't mind trying to get the ball rolling on a few meets and putting in some calls here and there to get something sorted.

There is a lot of evo activity around here so seems a shame not to take advantage of that.

Obviously for bigger meets set-up in the Midlands there may be interest from the East and a convoy of some sort could be arranged which may increase numbers at other regional meets.

Meet in the middle meet also sounds a great idea!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would be up for this as it's a lot closer than the other midlands meet.
Like whitti uk said, would be good to have a meet in the middle if we had a few from each bit of the midlands.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you ever want a rolling road meet or anything like that let me know I'll get in contact with Gordon at street racers ,just of the a46 near leic

He's a good bloke and mapped my mates Evo 205 ,which is insane

·
Registered
818 Posts
There is quite a lot of evo owners in the East Midlands so sounds spot on. Be nice not to travell miles to go to small meets ect....:smthumbup

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you ever want a rolling road meet or anything like that let me know I'll get in contact with Gordon at street racers ,just of the a46 near leic

He's a good bloke and mapped my mates Evo 205 ,which is insane
Sounds good John and may interest a few of the lads usually a good laugh!, Not a certain evo powered 205 by any chance is it??

There is quite a lot of evo owners in the East Midlands so sounds spot on. Be nice not to travell miles to go to small meets ect....:smthumbup
The amount I see since buying one is incredible, I see one every other day now. Be good to pull together and do a few things.. even if it only starts with a handful of us, more and more may be interested over time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sounds good John and may interest a few of the lads usually a good laugh!, Not a certain evo powered 205 by any chance is it??

The amount I see since buying one is incredible, I see one every other day now. Be good to pull together and do a few things.. even if it only starts with a handful of us, more and more may be interested over time.
yes mate robs lol ,been in it and sheet my pants proper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts