Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
East Fortune Track Day

Anyone been along to East Fortune lately?

My EVO *should* be sorted by Fri 13th lol :crackup: , so I might go along - anyone else fancy a gander?

Cheers :)

p.s. also a good excuse for a nice drive through East Lothian :coolsm:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I would - but think £150 is at least £60 too much for what i've heard of that track - you can do Croft for a lot less.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well so far I've only paid £8 to go on Concorde - know a couple of the guys driving, so may just go along on the day...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
east fortune is about 5 mins from where i stay its a good track as i have sneeked on a few times :D :D they have change the haipin section and the straight now has a cicane to slow you down a bit... it see,s more action from bikes durin the year but you will still have a blast on it .. but i do think £150 quid is a bit steep.. will pop up on friday so maybe see you there :coolsm:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I'' pop down to watch as I don't think much of teh track. It's far too tight ;)

Your right though, the roads in East Lothian are sublime, although the plod are cottening on after so many deaths.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A bit more info - apparently they've resurfaced the track, mainly for bikes, and have banned cars from using slicks in case it damages their new surface :rolleyes: :mad:

The event is on the Saturday, Jamsie :)

I'll probably be there from 12pm to 3pm or so, depending...

Rog

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well if theres a few of you guys going al nip along for a bit,its also 5 mins away from me!
Is the parking in the main bit where they park for the market? .....down the bottom,what times everyone goin for

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
GEO007 think the market bit will be shut on sat but there is parking beside the track if you go in the main entrance ....come down the hill from fast linton and turn right entrance just after bridge... think i will be there at bout 11 ... :cool:

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
come down the hill from fast linton[/B]
"Fast Linton" :crackup: I always laughed when I saw the signposts changed by someone scraping the bottom foot off the E in East Linton :crackup: :crackup:

Dastek's rollers are busted, so can't get car mapped on Friday - fitting new actuator tmr though, so hopefully EVO will be fine - otherwise will be in the Jag :coolsm: :rolleyes:

p.s. anyone else going to the air museum after?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Turned out to be an interesting afternoon,very very quick radical on track,had to be a hayabusa engine in it.
track also looked good with most of it being re surfaced.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah - Superb day - and nice to meet you briefly m8!

I arrived late, but managed to blag some passenger laps in my m8's 350bhp M Roadster with Schnitzer suspension, Eisenmann 83mm quad pipes and Racelogic TC (switched off :D )

All set in the backdrop of gorgeous, sunny East Lothian :coolsm:

Also visited Concorde - Awesome aircraft - well worth seeing! Well older in design inside than I realised - the flightdeck is more like a WW2 bomber, and the interior seats are from the 1982 Austin Maestro interior catalogue :crackup:

Still - anything that can fly faster than the earth can turn desrves respect :coolsm:

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Admiral said:
Yeah - Superb day - and nice to meet you briefly m8!

I arrived late, but managed to blag some passenger laps in my m8's 350bhp M Roadster with Schnitzer suspension, Eisenmann 83mm quad pipes and Racelogic TC (switched off :D )

All set in the backdrop of gorgeous, sunny East Lothian :coolsm:

Also visited Concorde - Awesome aircraft - well worth seeing! Well older in design inside than I realised - the flightdeck is more like a WW2 bomber, and the interior seats are from the 1982 Austin Maestro interior catalogue :crackup:

Still - anything that can fly faster than the earth can turn desrves respect :coolsm:

Yeah you to mate,there was a few cars spinning off yday,think the guy that had the blue porshe had to change his underwear when he did it,lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts