Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Need to swap out my titanium it's too loud for me.

Any nice catback?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I went from a Superdragger to Hi Power Silent (mainly because the steel pipework was starting to rust) and now want it just a bit louder- like the dragger was :lol:

It sounds nice (probably better tbh) on full boost as it starts to rasp but everywhere else in the rev range it's quieter. I just don't like the cone type tailpipe. :handsup:

The best mod I did to both Evo's was a silenced decat- completely removed the drone from within the cabin and dropped few dB at the tailpipe. Could be worth a go before changing pipes?

Would consider selling my hi power silent on, if you're not too far from Crawley you're welcome to have look and listen. I've also removed the 1/2" restriction so it's a true 3" now :smthumbup

Attachments

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went from a Superdragger to Hi Power Silent (mainly because the steel pipework was starting to rust) and now want it just a bit louder- like the dragger was :lol:

It sounds nice (probably better tbh) on full boost as it starts to rasp but everywhere else in the rev range it's quieter. I just don't like the cone type tailpipe. :handsup:

The best mod I did to both Evo's was a silenced decat- completely removed the drone from within the cabin and dropped few dB at the tailpipe. Could be worth a go before changing pipes?

Would consider selling my hi power silent on, if you're not too far from Crawley you're welcome to have look and listen. I've also removed the 1/2" restriction so it's a true 3" now :smthumbup
I did think silenced decat might work but considering I've got a toddler and got to be family friendly. And also think I'm getting old.. I want it nice and quiet.

I grew up in Crawley actually, but I'm way far in midlands now.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,951 Posts
I just left my standard cat on can't be bothered with minimal gains of bhp vs the hassle of the MOT. Rest of the system is standard downpipe and a GBE 3" Catback sounds louder than a 'normal car' but it's not in annoying territory. Mine is a family car used for hols and that as well. Took off a loud Kakimoto system as that was doing my head in as the baffles were knackered.

The only truly quiet exhaust on an evo is the OEM one in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts