Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would an E8 front brembo/disk fit an E5?
Would an E5 6pot AP fit on an E8?
:confused:

Are the rotor sizes thesame on the cars?

Planning a trade /swap but goota check if they will fit.
Is there a part number on the AP calipers I can check 'cos the seller has no idea but can bring the whole car down to let me have a look.

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
535 Posts
ALL of the BREMBO equipped cars use the same caliper, pad, disc, etc......................................evo5-8.5.................

as for the AP's if its already on the 5 then you will have no issues with fitting to an 8..............however, if you are going the other way the 7/8 kit is nominally larger and causes clearance issues with the std 5/6 wheels.............

alyn

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E5 APs to E8

Thanks heaps :D just what i needed to know, No probs cos the E5 is using wider offset rims.

Also wil the E5 AP brackets fit? or must I get new ones?

Thanks again! :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E5 APs on E8

Has he?
Sorry I will take it that they are identical then :D
I was just worried sincethe 5 and 8 are on diff platforms that something might be diff.

Apologies :p

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'll sumarise for you then ;) If you're saying you have an VIII with Brembos and a V with APs and you want to know if you can swap the brakes the answer is yes :p You won't need any new mounting brackets.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
E5? APs on E8

Ok tried fitting the AP's and hit a few problems

There is no clearance between the rotor and the lower arm/knuckle on hard cornering.

Are the mounting bells for the E5 diff frm the E7/8? i.e the rotors currently sit too far in so that there is less then stock clearance with the knuckle.

Checking theAP website it list the
E4/5/6 as using
CP5570 6piston Kit with CP3580-2898/9RDM (330x28 discs)

E7/8 uses
CP5555 6piston Kit with CP3581-769617G8M (332x32 discs)

So I am guessing that the mounting bells are diff ie in offset fromthe E4/5/6 to the E7/8

Anybody know if I get an E7/8 mounting bell with a 28mm rotor width to fit AP 6 pots :p will it solve my probs?

Cheers

edited to corect part numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts