Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a strange scenario on track tonight. Whilst manhandling the car through a 70mph right hand drift all the lights on my ACD mode setting light up. ie Tarmac, Gravel and Snow.

There was not apparent problem in handling or noise, just the lights came on and needed the engine turned off and on to reset. this happened three times.

Some background...

Car was being treated strongly and exploring its handling limit.
AYC fluid was coming out the overfill pipe. Was over Max in the reservoir.
New tyres and wheels used.
Was Inducing wheels spin as drifting out corners.

All of the above I've done regulary on track, but never had this 'warning' before.

What is it? What causes it??

Thanks,John

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just done a search, which I should have done first. OMFG....potential for serious bill. :eek: :cry:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
run the car today with no problems until I took a 2nd gear corner in 1st and slid the car, when I had all three lights flicker and go back to tarmac mode :confused:

Could it be by inducing wheel spin, that it's confusing the ACD unit, especially on corners, where the ACD should be backed off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
acd LIGHTS

John had the same problem with mine,took it to Western it was a plug or a resistor under the bonnet they had the part in the next day .

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: acd LIGHTS

FQ300DAZ said:
John had the same problem with mine,took it to Western it was a plug or a resistor under the bonnet they had the part in the next day .
Hopefully it'll be just as simple.

Cheers mate.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Code they got out was AYC pump failure, but it cleared okay and no signs of an issue.

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Evojkp said:
Code they got out was AYC pump failure, but it cleared okay and no signs of an issue.
The pump not able to keep up with you throwing it round the corners ;)

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a possibility Brian. I was inducing a fair bit of 'Wheel Slip'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts