Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know this has been on b4 but cant seem to find the page about this!! can someone help!!!

I want to know if the e6 wheels will fit the e4?? the size is j 7 1/2 17 . I know the 7j 17 wheels will fit the e4 but not sure about the 7 1/2 J size! can someone help!!! please please!!!

I need to know asap!!

Thanx

Leon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hiya Leon, how are you mate:)

Ralliart tried fitting a set of their spare one's on my car a year ago, although they fitted on the car, they were not able to turn the wheel at full lock, and the rear would not clear the arch. This is due to centre part of the wheel being indented inwards.
If you really want OZ Super T's on your car then you can buy the aftermarket ones which do fit the E4's.
The above also applies to the E5 OZ F1 wheels as well.
Hope this has been of some help. Your car would definately look great with larger alloys, especially with the lowered uprated supension that you have. Just keep your F1's for track days then:D:)
Let me know what you decide on Leon, it'll def set off your car:D

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for your help tony! what size is yours at the moment tony?? is it 7J 17 with 205 40 tyers??? is that the maximum you can put on the E4 with out cutting anything ?? Also I have been considering changing some internal engine stuff on my car what do u think I should do first???

Leon. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leon

Yes mine are 7x17's shod with 215-45-17 tyres, and I think that with aftermarket wheels, you should have no problems up to 215x45, any wider tyres would rub against the rear arch,dependant on suspension setup, and 45 profiles would be ideal, any other profile would upset your rolling radius!
The most important thing for you to change is the ARP bolts, because you are running 1.4bar, you are going to fry your std bolts eventually.
I can't remember what spec you have done on your car, if you state them we can go from there, but as I said the ARP bolts is a must, and it's not too expensive to do, as it cost less than a engine rebuild!!
Hear from you soon.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the moment my car is basically running standard internals! I have only got an AP organic Clutch, blitz induction, hks exhurst, and the apexi avcr and safc! How much will it cost for the ARP bolts then and what does it do???? like you said if thats a must I think I have to find someone to do it! dont want to rebuilt my engine!! cuz cant afford it!!! :)
what else would you recomend?? spoken to RC a while ago they basically to me to do all the internal stuff at one go! things like head gasket, cams, pullys, pistons etc!! but the asking price is something like 3000-4000 at one go!! I find it very expensive plus I need my car everyday (cant live with out it :) ) anyway hope to hear from you soon.

Leon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically the ARP bolts sre the weakest part of the engine, and it'll be the first to go, especially on the boost levels you are running!
I am surprised that RC did not mention this to you??
They would be your best bet in doing the job, ask them for the price.
You already have a good setup:)
Really to go on from where you are you need to do the internals. Although RC don't change the internals on their 6, but maybe because
the E6 internals are stronger, but it's best if you ask them!!
My opinion is that once you've done the ARP bolts, RR your car to see what it's producing. It might surprise you
that you should with your spec have approx 330-350bhp.:):D
Anyway give RC a call, and let me know what they say.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts