Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an opportunity to buy an E6 TME. He is torn between that or a new E7. For those of you who have driven or owned both the TME and the 7, which car would you choose to buy? Leaving cost out of the equation and considering just their dynamic merits. The car is unlikely to see any track time, mainly fast road use, but is likely to be moderately modified for more power and more aggressive handling.

All views and opinions welcome!

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
driven both and went for the TME.

the 7 is a lovely car, comfortable to drive, but has not got the aggresive presence of the 6.

do a search, there are loads of opinion on this.....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best thing to do is for your mate to make his own mind up, read some mags and test drive both of them (back to back if he can), its his opinion that counts as he will be the one driving it day in day out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E6 TME if its a weekend car, E7 if he's doing longer mileage during week. Both great cars, have fun choosing.

I went for tme as i got a good deal on a 6 month old one, otherwise would have had an e7. Have been on some long trips in it and its very comfortable. E7 has better cabin though and more subtle styling. Bigger and heavier though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oli, know what your saying, but i drive mine to work every day....and i am still smiling like a fool :)

7 is more sorted inside, and the go faster looks are actualy part of the body work not clip on bits.....but i think that is what makes it disappear into the traffic a bit, where as the 6 shouts oi ****** at you....:)

still both bloody lovely though...

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VI is the daddy , VII is 2 sanitised and contrived almost a bit girly , I always think of a Lexus when I c 1.
|PLS| Tommi will never win a world championship in 1 ;)
All personal opinion u understand , don't intend 2 offend VII owners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't buy any. Get an M3 or ZT385!

Wanna buy a used VII?

Sensible - the VII is more aggressive and extreme for day to day use.

The VII - an everyday supercar. OK it may be sanatised - but surely that's the point?

However, I will be placing mine for sale very soon. Thought about some mods - but what's the point. Money down plughole!

Merry Xmas to all those at MLR!

JF

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZT385 ?????? Just a Holden under a different name in'it

M3....................................errrrhhhhhhh.

Both of these commit the same sin...............................Heavy ;)

Seem's no other car generates so much controversy in comparison with other cars than an Evo :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am biased, but what about a low mileage 5? Prettier and more aggressive than 6 and 7 put together. Less brake problems than the 6, due to better front air ducting!

Find a 5 with 10-15K miles and spend the £8K left over turning it into a 400bhp/ 400lbft torque monster.

Mind you the above is no good if u want one for everyday use!

A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Jerry Flint mate,

I know what Santas bringing you for Xmas......a pipe and a pair of slippers :D

M3 and Rover? tsskkkk :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Both of these commit the same sin...............................Heavy

But only one of them is nimble enough to get away with it :D

(Sorry ... I'm bored and couldn't resist)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jon

Fancy some slippers. OK there's nowt wrong with the EVO series. I just fancy something I don't keep thinking - well I better modify this part of the car today. Maybe I should consider an EXTREME!

Seriously, I do not have any intention of EVER buying a BMW! Those of you have visited my alternative website at /http://www.xpower-mg.com will understand why!

However, I would appreciate any honest answers regarding the ZT385 - like do you think it will viewed as a latter dayLotus Carlton or as a Holden as someone has already mentioned. The spec is very impressive - Bilsteins - 6speed - LSD - 330/306mm AP Brakes - 380ps - Supercharger - 375 rear section tyres etc etc.

Anyway have a Great Xmas and look forward to an evoing New Year!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Jerry
Can you tell me why you have had a sudden change of heart and are thinking of selling the 7, or were you just mucking about?. I too am thinking along the same lines in the respect of the tuning thoughts, as in buying something that is the absolute business that you would`nt be trying to tune every minute of the day. The car i have in mind is the 996 Turbo. The only downside to this is the cost, but, this may be worth it for the peace of mind regarding tuning, in that you would have ultimate fast car as standard [ maybe a set of sports exhausts .oopps there we go again ] Also the 996 turbo would last you for the rest of your life if neccesary. Just another way of thinking, but i would really like to know why you seem to have fallen out with the 7?. Regards SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those of you have visited my alternative website at /http://www.xpower-mg.com will understand why!

Bleuch! Surely that website is designed to put people off ever buying an MG (!?)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry,
M8 , if u think the ZT385 suits u then go 4 it , yr choice , yr money.
But ,an Evo it will never b , Rover themselves have stated it will b an M5 competitor (the specs very close) . Those huge brakes and tyres r only needed because of the weight and two wheel drive.
4 me personally , tuning is gr8 fun and very satisfying , part of the Evo cult and 1 of the reasons I will keep the thing for a long time , unless Mitsu introduce the VIII as a 2 door , 1000 kg , six speed sequential , variable torque split beast :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the comments! Simon there's nolthing wrong with the VII - same as you love it - but need to spend more money. The 385 IS - WAS my ultimate - just having second thoughts!

Droid - please elaborate if the site is shite - would you mind giving me some feedback on how to improve it! I guess you have much more experience in these things than me.Any feedback is most welcome. :(

Oh! Just seen my first TME in Honkers - looked and sounded fantastic - don't oftem witness another EVO drive by!

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im sure we are all fed up now about the continuing 6 vers 7 debate. I find it quite amusing that the e6 driver thinks the 7 is a bit girly - but I cant be bothered mounting a response - its just TOO boring!

regards, Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
996 Turbo? Hehehehe, big mistake. If you really want a fast porsche then get the latest RUF 996. Have a look on pistonheads.com for the latest review of it. All the guys I hang around with are fortunate enough to buy those sorts of cars and none would touch the 996 turbo - it's a really comfortable fast cruiser but you are just too far disconnected from the action. If you're going for a 996 and didn't fancy 116k for the RUF then go for the GT3 at 70k. Personally I'd stay with cars like the EVO. I've been up there with all the exotica and it's fun but just an expensive way of getting the same thrill as an evo will give you with the added apprehension of causing 40k worth of damage if you stuff it on a track day. At least with an evo it's not as bad!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.