Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guyz,

i've just converted my E4 to E6 bodykit (replaced the front fenders, front|PLS|rear bumpers, trunk lid|PLS|rear wing spoiler, front|PLS|rear headlights, side repeaters, side skirts, rear door|PLS|fender garnishes, hood cover) but still using stock E4 suspension assembly ie. lower arms, and wheels ie. 17 x 6.5JJ x offset |PLS|46. it looks kinda weird now as the wheels are much inner due to the bulging out E6 fenders!!

questions:
1. if i swap the wheels with stock E6 wheels ie. 17 x 7.5JJ x offset |PLS|38, will it helps?!
2. or should i consider getting aftermarket wheels with 17 x 7.5JJ x offset |PLS|30 to |PLS|35 to force the wheels out even more?! will this kill my driveshafts and other related parts?!

i've no plan to swap my E4 front|PLS|rear lower arms to E6 yet, running out of budget!! neither will i use wheel spacers which are truly nightmare as i was told!!

SK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picy Picy Picy Picy - wanna see

Sorry to not be helping with your question much but having a 4 and wanting to do exactly what you've done I'd like to see how it has transformed if poss.

Did you use a bodykit or standard E6 parts ?

Definately stay away from wheel spacers, one more thing to go wrong in an area of unbelieveable stress.

4D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeam mate im gonna do that soon, see the evo 6 wheels i have them too mate, their a bit wider their 225/40/17 they do fit but u need to get the arches rolled and it will still rub sometimes, im gonna get them pulled out a bit, then im gonna put the sideskirts, wheel arches, rear bumper and the evo 5 wing and front bumper and sill, and the gt or evo 6 spoiler it will look like that cusco one inthe rc video

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moses you ole tart,
got a pic of your 4 with the wheels on?...i'd like to see that 225/40 17....

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mate darwin 6 has the pics of my car his name is duncan wales, i will try to find the negatives, me being stupid forgot to copy it on cd myself, i have your mail did u get my last mail u ******, u aint emailed back, so what i would do is i will email it to u ok.

by the way mate they where nearly new just of the evo 6 i got them with the p zeros for 200.00 i swear
not bad eh, i will show u soon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
by the way it makes the evo 4 look like a car out of the manga cartoons its wicked, will look better with a gt jun style high boot spoiler oh yeah baby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry mate i always remember afterwards one i post the message, how far r u from glasgow anyway mate thats in scotland if u are a dum dum

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which mail?

best send any mail to [email protected]

i'm way down south west mate! could not really get further apart!!!:D Sunny Devon!
don't forget i'm not here for a couple of weeks after 10am tomorrow...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol :D yeah up north somwhere only the guys with big salamis stay here, suppose u might have a big salami your a souuuul brother big bombassa lol :D peace and enjoy your hols and i will send u mail soon mate.

safe journey and like i said be faithful or the assasin will be after u

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do the Bigger offset wheels work?

sk_evo4,

I ended up getting (actually by default as payment for a bad dept) an Evo 4 with a Evo6 kit fitted, which sounds the same as yours, except the rear guards and doors are standard with a clip on flares added.

I was thinking of giving the rear guards a bit of a push out, tlc and sticking some wider wheels with less offset to push out say 20mm per side.

Will this affect the syspension ? How did you or anyone else get on ?

Anyhelp appreciated....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mosses,

The EVO 6 wheels are less offset did that have any adverse affect on the handling?

With the wider tyres what did you do about the rear guards?

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
hi old mate just got on, yeah it has 225/45 /17 it used to have 18s they used to hit the arches badly, so whenever i go over a bump mate it does rub against the arches so i will either have to shave some of the alloy from inside to make it 220 or even a lil more so it sticks inside rather than outside or just sell the feckin car the way it is :D lol im gonna go for the 6 mate and u r welcome to take it for a drive first long journey ahead bros :D

u shouldnt have that much of a problem coz u have the ev6 arches on it but u would need to get them rolled and pulled out a little and put some stiffer shocks in it

God bless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts