Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just put a phone up for sale on e bay and have been contacted by a buyer from the netherlands who wants to buy it NOW!

He said he will pay by paypal but wants it shipping straight to Nigeria to his son, as a present. do you think I will get ripped off or what dudes :confused:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i thought pay pal woz safe ?

kev

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
wombat231170 said:
Thats what I was thinkin. If he pays, I could draw it, then post it when I had the cash in my hand
It'll be a hi-jacked PayPal account via a Phishing scam and the mobile phone will be used to contact people for the Nigerian scam. You might not lose out but the person who actually owns the PayPal account might, as will the recipients of the "I'd like to pay you £10,000,000" calls.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aidy said:
It'll be a hi-jacked PayPal account via a Phishing scam and the mobile phone will be used to contact people for the Nigerian scam. You might not lose out but the person who actually owns the PayPal account might, as will the recipients of the "I'd like to pay you £10,000,000" calls.
Thats another way of looking at it. I really don't know what to do!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
do not sell it to him, when i was selling my phone i got at least 5 emails a day from people like this, you can have some fun with them though, they will agree to anything ;) if they think it will make you sell to them, one guy agreed to pay a £10,000 deposit for a £100 phone

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I got asked exactly the same by someone whose wife was going on a UN trip to Nigeria (hmmm, like I believe yo)

I led him down the garden path, paypal turned into western union, then a friend who owed him money was going to pay me by cheque and I should send more money on to another friend etc etc.

Your call at the end of the day, I don't think you'll see the money as paypal will claim it back.

You can always ask the guy to send you the money by paypal and tell him you will send it as soon as paypal confirm that the transaction is genuine (ie wait 4 weeks and see what happens)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts