·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Two rules in life:

Don't propose to your girlfriend with a ring from Lidl.

Don't buy a 'no name' intercooler from eBay.

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont need it for power purposes, just fed up with the sh*tty looking standard one!!

Thought about just enhancing look of standard one, but didn't know if this was possible? or how to do it - paint etc? :smthumbup

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
I've never understood the concept of treating eBay like it was a brand. If the "eBay intercooler " is an HKS one or whatever then it's good. If it's a "POWERZONE!!!!11" one then it's not. Same with exhausts....what is an eBay manifold or an eBay decat?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Stay away at all costs!!!!!!!!!!:smthumbdo I`m currently still waiting for my money back! The first one they sent me had no fixing brackets welded on and the second one never had no protection so it came damaged! Each time i had to send it back it cost £17.99 which they said they would refund. Yeah right o. If i don`t get my money soon i`ll be paying them a visit:wallbang:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Forgot to say read there negative feedback! I didn`t!

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
I've never understood the concept of treating eBay like it was a brand. If the "eBay intercooler " is an HKS one or whatever then it's good. If it's a "POWERZONE!!!!11" one then it's not. Same with exhausts....what is an eBay manifold or an eBay decat?
theres alot of things you dont understand;)

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers for the help guys, looks like i'll be saving for an AMS one then :wallbang:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just got my money back today after i threatened them. I bought it in December! Also got my AMS intercooler this week.
:smthumbup

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just got my money back today after i threatened them. I bought it in December! Also got my AMS intercooler this week.
:smthumbup
Fuggin eBay car parts sellers...I've had more than my fair share of conmen and a-holes selling me tat. :mad:

Having said that, I've just bought a "high flow racing radiator" from eBay lol ...as my rad has just sprung a leak....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Typically cheap ebay chinese intercooler cores are ok in efficiency but pipes, hoses and other installation accessories are crap. Some have also had problems with mounting tabs breaking.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
a true saying comes to mind, especailly with evos, it goes

"Buy cheap, Buy Twice!!"

ive learned the hard way a few times, dont fall for it too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Found with ebay intercoolers on other cars they were a knightmare to fit. They are "supposed" to be direct copies of HKS and therefore fit and do the power. Ones bought have either been a knightmare to fit or the core is sh*t.

You may still decide to buy as its cheap and give it a go but then you could have the hassle of waiting weeks/months for goods as ebay sellers usually dont have stock and use your money to buy goods and thus have to wait to for them to get them.

Had a few knightmare problems with ebay!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Found with ebay intercoolers on other cars they were a knightmare to fit. They are "supposed" to be direct copies of HKS and therefore fit and do the power. Ones bought have either been a knightmare to fit or the core is sh*t.

You may still decide to buy as its cheap and give it a go but then you could have the hassle of waiting weeks/months for goods as ebay sellers usually dont have stock and use your money to buy goods and thus have to wait to for them to get them.

Had a few knightmare problems with ebay!
Knightmare:

:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts