Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
The front looks like the outlander, so where is it Anthony ? :smthumbup, by the way how are things with you and your son :)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I think that could make a very decent looking Evolution model. (Remember how crappy the non-Evolution Lancers of any other age looked?)

Even just junking those horrendous looking Halfords wheels and chopping about 4 inches from the ride height would be a start.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Mitsubishi are certainly doing a very good job of sending the brand down the crapper.
Each new or upcoming model looks worse than the last one.

I used to have nothing but Mitsubishi......now ze Germans are moving in!

·
Premium Member
9,874 Posts
More to do with the Renault/Datsun alliance having a significant financial interest in Mitsubishi :smthumbdo

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,774 Posts
Oh dear :(

Reactions: good

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Well thats F:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:KED IT :goingmad::wallbang::smthumbdo:handsup::eek::confused::crackup::cry:

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
as said the standard lancer looks GASH ,when they waved the EVO rag over them they changed some what

pity they wont do an EVO version as i bet with a bit of thought they would look superb

the black one looks gash with those daft wind deflectors on and the wheels do both no favours

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
As others have said - look at the base model lancers vs Evo. They could look very cool as an XI :handsup:

·
Anthony
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For what it' worth, these are not really a 'new' Lancer per se, it's just the latest Evolution of the old platform (in other words CZ Lancer) for the S.E. Asia and Chinese market. In Japan the old Galant is still being sold with just a very minor facelift (remember it was never sold as a Lancer here).
As I mentioned in posts a couple of years back, the 'real' new Lancer was / is due for release this year however after the Nissan hostile take over who knows WTF what is going on. The only thing that has remained consistent seems to be the further development of the SUV platform.

I've been out of the loop lately but hopefully the model they were going to release hasn't been binned... it was looking good, and importantly was a similar size to the CP Lancers.

^
Evo XI

A few minor design hints have obviously been used from this on the Asian Lancer.

I've actually had these images for years. Darin vetoed me posting them after we back and forthed about it, but it probably doesn't matter now :p

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,267 Posts
Food for thought there Anthony :smthumbup:smthumbup.....I personally think Mitsubishi have lost the plot :lol:....They have forgotton the things that made their range of cars popular :thumbdown.....It would be nice to see a new Evo one day ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Give the damn thing over to Nissan's R&D motorsport & let them develop a new Evo version. Instead of allowing Mitsubishi to develop drab, boring cars

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Maybe Mitsubishi should give some to mlr to sort out and see what we can come up with with our collective knowledge

1 - 20 of 45 Posts