Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The MLR is proud to present :)

Set's of 4 Dunlop SSR Road legal Racing tyres.

These are touted as the middle ground between a full road legal slick (D01j) and a high performance road tyre.

Able to help your times tumble on track and also to cope with standing water on the way home.

This buy will only be running for 2 weeks, There will be no opportunity to join after that time, this is a constraint placed on us by Dunlop and is out of our hands.

A minimum of 10 sets must be bought to get the GB price, and Dunlop have put a ceiling of a maximum of 25 sets, so if you want, don't hang about prevaricating :)

Prices :D

225/45ZR17 £389 All in, delivered to your door! (235's not available in SSR)
245/35ZR18 £415 All in, delivered to your door! (225 and 235 are not available due to the Porker boys nicking them first, sorry)

Other sizes in 17 inch fitment are available, If you need a different size, PM me and i can add it to the list.

Payment will be made to the MLR, preferably by personal cheque, however card payments can be made, with a 5% surcharge to cover the MLR's card fee's Payment must obviously be prompt due to the time constraints.

Quoted delivery costs are to Mainland UK only, for other areas, PM me.

Names below for sticky rubber (oo-er :D)

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leonard said:
:fftopic: but how do these compare to the Toyo T1-R if its favourably you can put my name down :)

What are they like in general road conditions, as wont be going on the track unfortuantely :(
From what i have been able to find out, they will grip better but wear faster. Want some? :)

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Matt, these are designed as a competition level tyre suitable for both wet and dry use and where the tyre needs to be completely road legal and E-Marked. N Ring uses them for competing on the Ring.

I was speaking to Dunlop about these earlier this week and interestingly they commented that these tyres have stiffer tyrewalls than the D01J.

I'd say they should make an ideal compromise between very high dry and wet weather performance.

Compared to the Toyo's expect them to set lap time between those and something like a D01J.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
**** sorry Weebl just about to order and there are no 235/40 18's are there :cry: Bloody Porsche owners :mad:

Hope my above questions and your nice answers are informative for somebody else.

Toyo T1-R's it is then :(

Matt
:)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I used the DSSR for a while during 'testing' at the Ring during public driving where you need street legal tires.

I compete with slicks and wets.

Now for testing I use Dunlop Direzzas. Much more grip than the DSSR but louder.

The DSSR is not being made anymore; there is still a lot of stock but the tires are usually older! So, check the DOT number berfore you get them.

DSSRs sell for ca. 80-100 Euros a piece plus tax.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aaaaargh, sorry guys, the supplier now tell us that it is the 225 and the 235 that are out of stock for the porker boys.

Looking at the stock list, the only thing i can see that is near is the 245/35ZR18.

These will come out at £415 delivered.

Sorry about this.

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
RichW said:
I'll have a set of 225/40ZR18 please.

Was going to order a set of these next week from somewhere else - close bloody call!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
lucky.i fitted a set 2 weeks ago and paid more :blah: got 235s though.seem good.croft next weekend.fine chance to give them a try.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
mikerudd said:
I just had the blue book out checking myself... what do you recommend that is in 1a? Toyo T1-R?
Yes the T1R is very good but make sure you scrub them well in and to do that you would need 10-12 runs up a hill or sprint venue...or on the road :eek: :D bit lose to begin with soon as they are scrubed :coolsm:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.