Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been offered a set of these tyres in R1 compound (Medium), anyone tried them yet? I know its doubtful but figured worth an ask..

looks better than the D2 for sure..

·
12,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bit pricier (go figure) but do look lot nicer for sure, hope they perform better. Having said that I had H1 last time, bit too hard but they were my road tyres too.

Waiting to hear back atm off them to see if they have the compound I'm after. Serious stuff this year Gav. :lol:

·
Gav
7,576 Posts
Everyone seems more serious about it this year!

Wish I could make at least 5 rounds but it looks unlikely. Think Curborough will get some hammer!

Just out of interest who's quoting you on tyres? PM if u like

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Dunlops

Rob, I know Dunlop Motorsort have a supply of 17" and they intend to stock both the H1 and R1 compounds, unlike last year when they only held H1's. That said, the R1 found it's way into the UK via unofficial suppliers.

They only have one set of 18's in the UK, and these are for their own test purposes, which hasn't happened yet. However, we all know that the DO1J was a great tyre, the DZ02G even better, so I suspect the 03 will be better again.

I have a number of customers wanting 18" R1's but I won't know until next week how soon we can expect them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rob, I know Dunlop Motorsort have a supply of 17" and they intend to stock both the H1 and R1 compounds, unlike last year when they only held H1's. That said, the R1 found it's way into the UK via unofficial suppliers.

Just for Clarification purposes,

The following sizes are currently avaialable 'off the shelf'

225/45R17 DZ03G R1
235/45R17 DZ03G H1

That's about it at the moment in relevant Evo sizes, and those that are available are only in small numbers.

·
12,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just out of interest who's quoting you on tyres? PM if u like
Mr Tyre motorsport are quoting me for D3 in R1 compound, thats all they can get atm with the exception of H, they think they may not have the S compound in until next year which is what I was after ideally. May just have to get the S in D2's as they have them at a good price atm in 17".

H1 is too hard for the sprints, dont get enough heat into them. I'm not sure on R1, dont know weather to take the chance and go D3R1 or just play it safe and stick with the S in D2 form. :confused:

I have changed the MR to A V1 now so will be defo using 17" myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts