Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know different dump valves are avaible for different specs of the same kind of cars, ie Evo 1,2,3,4,5,6. But are there internals all the same and that they are differently produced to fit that car in terms of replacing the OE. Or does it mean that the internals are different as well.
What i getting to is could you fit a Evo 6 dump to and Evo 3, likewise an Evo 1 to GSR 1800!!!
Does anyone know before i go spend some of my money (Which i saved from Valentines day by not taking my girlfriend away)only to find it wont fit or work!!!!
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good to hear you didnt waste any money on the 14th! http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

I dont know about the BOVs, but the engines in the 5 and the 6 are the same, so there should be no pb. (Same for 3 and 4 I think?)

I just ordered a Forge Motorsport recirculating BOV for my 6 because I dont like the plastic one that's in there. Let's see how it sounds!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claudius, I'm running a Forge recirculating valve on my 6 at the moment. I also have a HKS Induction kit fitted. When I lift off, the recirculating air escapes sounds like a whip cracking! The forge is a cracking piece of kit, much better looking than the standard BOV.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: Re:Dump valves

Claudius said:
Good to hear you didnt waste any money on the 14th! http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

I dont know about the BOVs, but the engines in the 5 and the 6 are the same, so there should be no pb. (Same for 3 and 4 I think?)

I just ordered a Forge Motorsport recirculating BOV for my 6 because I dont like the plastic one that's in there. Let's see how it sounds! [/B][/QUOTE]

claudius,

i am thinking of getting the same part, for the same reasons as you.

is there any benefit? how does it sound?

cheers

dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts