Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
havin problems with my dump valve ; fitted uprated fuel pump , and dawes devise allso gizzmo chip , every thing is fine except when reaching about 100 and easying off the trottle the dump valve seems to be letting off air all the time intil i trottle alittle bit dosnt do it unit reach 100 got a hks dump , it has a screw in the end of it can u adjust this or is it set , dont want to try and adjust it and muck something elses up cheers any advise allso got a fuel reg with gauge on way , any one know what i should set this at when it comes ; oh ya its an evo 2

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
the screw acts on a spring inside.....
you'll need to adjust it for air-release at higher psi
- just try different settings for optimum performance

* fuel psi:
should be set at standard factory pressure = 41-42psi
otherwise you'll get over-fueling

:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers xlr8 so u just set it to that and thats it ; do u have to disconect any pipes or any thing or rev car how do u know its running constant some one said it should be set at about 37 so thats not write

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
37psi is much too low ! ...who told you that ?
as mentioned, set it at 41-42psi..... with the vacuum pipe 'off'

the fuel regulator should be a rising rate/adjustable version so that the psi/flow rate increases through revs/boost range

also it's advisable to get the air-fuel ratio checked using a wide-band lambda

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fitted the fuel reg today , ive noticed that the boost has increased is this write ,its boosting to 1.5 then pulling back to 1.2 it ran 1. - 1.2 before

1 - 9 of 9 Posts