Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I've managed to shag yet another set of disks (the sixth, I think, though I've lost count and hope) - braked a bit firmly (though no ABS) from 100-ish to 35 ish on the road and they went banana-shaped.

I was just thinking, do all the brake upgrade kits (AP Racing and Mov'it) use a different calliper hanger (bit that attaches the calliper to the hub?). If they do, maybe it's worth machining up some seriously heavy-duty replacements for the Mitsubishi part.

My thinking is that if the hanger flexes when you brake hard, this will allow the calliper to move with respect to the disk and may be causing the warping problem - mine had different disks and pads, so the only common bits left are the callipers and the hanger. If people with upgraded brakes all have new hangers, maybe this is the problem area?

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I'm especially interested in other opinions on this as I have warped brakes and a machine shop!!

I can't believe there is anything fundamentally wrong with the Brembos; callipers do a pretty simple job at the end of the day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts