Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of DTM pads? They are Japanese, temp range 0°C-650°C. Tried an internet search but no luck.
I just put them on me motor along with new discs, testing them out for Dragon. Anyone know of them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi HH6,

DTM are sold here in Hong Kong. I've heard of them (seen their ads in mags), but have never used their pads. They are popular with FWD cars like CIVICs. Not very expensive either.

Wish i could be more helpful, but i'm sure you'll have more to say about them in a few weeks time.

BYE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks evo6tm, at least someone has heard of them ;)
I will report back when I have heat cured them but first impressions are not too bad, no squeaks or squeals and they are certainly kinder on the discs than the F4R's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it only sold in Hong Kong,is the pad under Sheepdog company?It didn't seen have good peformance from it's packing,...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well the DTM pads have been on for a while now, no squeaks or squeals, extremely kind on the discs, good from cold but under hard use they fade quicker than thermal fax paper in the sun :(

Personally I don't think they are worth bothering with even for just road use unless you pootle around town all day.
I am looking for new pads now, trying to get the happy medium which is probably virtually impossible. I would however settle for a pad that was more for fast road use and then swap pads for more aggresive ones for track use (yes I will be going on track....honest!). Any suggestions?
Pagid RS19 for the road?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
RS 19 my choice also

i had the ferodo ds2500 in brembo caliper but with hard use you get heat spots on the standard brembo discs

the rs19 is a slightly detuned rs14 pad
the pads has a long life because it s an endurance pad

stay away from carbon metallic pads lots of dust on wheels and eats discs for breakfast same as ds3000

for road use and very light track use go for ds2500
if you go more extreme go for the pagid range

rs 19 for me

scoobymike do you have the part nr for the movit caliper

the rs19 is also available for the brembo caliper

andre

·
Registered
799 Posts
André

that's what I found on the net: 240 99 735 1GV

Just check before you order to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Thanks guys for the quick response :).
I have had Mintex F4R's before and they eat the discs for breakfast with shity dust everywhere, the DTM's are the opposite so you could say I have seen both ends of the spectrum pad wise! Hopefully the RS19's will be ideal for my set-up and use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts