Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title,

I recently bought this with a blown engine and wondered if it was previously owned by anyone on here?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Yeah pukka thanks mate. just got it back from indigo,nothing major like your last X. just a service ,3 port ,forge bov and re map.but I'm well chuffed with it.

I must pop over to drool over the gtr. :adore:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the one, I've just rebuilt the engine, forged in fact and was just wanting to know about the previous map and who mapped it

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
It was mapped early on i think about 6 or 7 yrs ago but not sure who by. Around 410. Alex will know more. Good that your bringing it back to life :smthumbup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's getting there, just running it now at the moment, a lot of money spent on the build and replacement turbo.....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very nice ready to run more power then :) did you find the course of it blowing up if you look in the history book there was a card with mods and who mapped it I believe part of me wants to say Trl developments but don't hold me to that personally would get it up to indigo for mapping he is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It burnt 2 valves, melted a plug and scored bore, put a fair bit of heat through the turbo

I've heard a lot of good things about indigo but I do have Evo tune just down the road a bit from me.

There is a couple of graphs from trl so you'll be right.

I had an mr fq340 previously and it felt a lot quicker than the x does at the minute

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ouch what do you think a fuelling issue of some sort, yeh I've had a few Evo's and the 4g63 in my opinion pulls stronger and is a all round better engine unless the 4b11 has some serious work like I did on my white x with full build and bigger turbo and all the parts to go with you going to run that around 400 or pushing for bigger numbers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would guess fueling, not sure, I'll run it in first, it's fully forged now, wiseco pistons, rods, arp studs, cosworth gasket, king bearings etc

I just put a standard turbo on the now to run it in, what would recommend turbo upgrade wise?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah I would be getting fuelling checked once it's run in stay away from boost until then depends what power your looking for I ran a mhi billet turbo which are good for 500bhp so with some id1000 injectors and down pipe you should see 500 easy with a manual

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve recently tried to map the car but there’s a code on the Ecu, tried to get a hold of nick from trl but no joy.

Do any of the previous owners on here know or could advise.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
As per the title,

I recently bought this with a blown engine and wondered if it was previously owned by anyone on here?

Thanks guys
Hi I’ve just seen this and good luck the engine blew on me after ATP had serviced and changed the oil sump gasket (it still leaked). She had a back pressure issue that caused pinking when hot and destroyed the spark plug in number 3 as well as the valves and ceramic peace’s hammered through the valve thus my dream car was fucked. Hope you have better luck than I did 👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts