Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anybody help me with information as to where you can buy driving lights for an Evo 6 apart from Ralli-Art.
Thanks in advance

New Evo 6 Boy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try Questmead 01706 860088. Speak to Alan. They may be able to help but I'm not sure. they supply PIAA lights to rally teams and know what they are talking about. I'd already bought my lights from Mitsi for £400|PLS| when I started dealing with them. Let me know how you get on.
Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adrian,
Contacted Alan at Questmead and he rang PIAA to see if they could sell a set direct to him and avoid going through Ralliart.
He rang me back and said they would not be able to help and that Ralliart have it all sewn up and can charge what they want because only they are allowed to supply them !

I guess the only way is to buy a PIAA lamp that would fit and then make your own bracket and source somebody that could make you a wiring loom for the car.
Or pay the £400 from Ralliart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't help you with a non-Ralliart source, but there is another question..

How have people got their driving lights wired up? Mine are to the front foglight switch, which is a right PITA - they #### people coming the other way off big time, and are difficult to switch off. Ideally I'd like them wired into the main beam, but I suspect that something (relay/switch/fuses) will go pop if I do. Next best option would be to swap main beams to the foglight switch and driving lights to the main beam, but this is probably not strictly road legal

The only problem with them is that main beams plus driving lights mean you can see to do about 80 mph (not that I would, of course) but dropping back to dipped mains is good for about 10mph - I can't believe how bad these lights are!!

Chris (who washed the car today - sorry about the rain guys!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A big thanks to Adrian and amp; Peely for your input. Looks like I might have to be ripped off by Ralli-Art if I want to get rid of my nipples.
Do you know if the £400 includes fitting them.

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunatly not.
However I had mine fitted by a local rally team who have 2 6RS's. £35 all in.
Do not attempt to do it yourself using the diagram supplied with the lights. The switch fitting is easy, but you have to remove the front bumper to fit the driver's side light. When you remove all the fastners/ bolts indicated the damn thing still wont budge. I spent a good few hours trying before admitting defeat and taking it to someone who knew what they were doing. Typically my girlfriend had told me to have them fitted by someone from the start. Also my instructions were in Japanese and I was trying to follow the diagrams.
Hope you get them sorted.
Adrian
P.S.
Instead of getting the driving lights for £400|PLS| why don't you look at a HID conversion. There are a few about and I've seen them starting from arround £600. Although this won't solve your nipple problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peely
Forgot to mention. The wiring loom for fog lights is already there. All you need to do is plug lights into wires behind bumper and fit switch in. The switch replace the little storage hole to the right of the steering wheel. It just pulls out and the connectors are behind it.
Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that the Ralliart driving light kit now includes uprated wiring and a proper loom to enable them to be run off the main headlight stalk. It's a simple job once the bumper is off and car raised slightly to aid tidy fitting of wires across front of car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to Ralliart today and amp; they have quoted £425 to supply and amp; fit
the lamps including vat. Looks like I have no alternative but to have my nipples pierced by them. Very painful parting with all that money.
So if you see an Evo 6 with gold rings dangling. That's me.

Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts