Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when we got our 400s we was given a training day which is next wednessday or thursday.


now with all the debate on the 400s ( i no that my car will pack up because the clutch wont last 5 mins)


so do you think that it will be covered under the warrentee :confused:


im begining to think i have made a bad move in buying this car :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Maybe they'll be training you how to use the clutch without killing it? ;)

At the end of the day you have a 400 with a warranty, which is more than I have on my ancient 6. Whether it is worth it is a question only you can answer though, since that depends entirely on the person involved and isn't something other people can answer for you really :)

PS what is it that you think might not be covered?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NumptyScrub said:
Maybe they'll be training you how to use the clutch without killing it? ;)

At the end of the day you have a 400 with a warranty, which is more than I have on my ancient 6. Whether it is worth it is a question only you can answer though, since that depends entirely on the person involved and isn't something other people can answer for you really :)

PS what is it that you think might not be covered?
i no how to use it mate i had the same in the mak and the other 6 i had

belive me its almost imposble to boot from 1st to second :confused:

oh and the clutch may not be covered

mine will be dont worry about that :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
I'm only jealous, I have a single plate organic in mine and a stock 4G63 turning it and I still don't have the inclination to try a racing start ;)

I pretend it's my way of giving the Nova / Corsa / rusty Festa revving next to me a fair go before it comes on boost :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NumptyScrub said:
I'm only jealous, I have a single plate organic in mine and a stock 4G63 turning it and I still don't have the inclination to try a racing start ;)

I pretend it's my way of giving the Nova / Corsa / rusty Festa revving next to me a fair go before it comes on boost :D
:crackup:

im telling ya now mark my words

next week will see more than 20 fq400s on the back of a breakdown truck

and my one will be first :crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
We should book the Mitsi recovery now mate - tell them to come thursday afternoon pick us up from prodrive :D

Actually they're pretty efficient - only had to wait about 45 mins on the pod when the diff broke!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,133 Posts
Weird as :confused: You’ve got a proper clutch inn the 400’s as well :confused:

Maybe :lol: the car accelerates SO FAST :eek: that all the hydraulic clutch fluid shoots to the back of the car and away from the clutch reservoir :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
588 Posts
This is an interesting point...

It's always seemed very strange that:

Once you've bought a UK car (mine's a FQ300) then, at regular intervals, you get sent through the post invites to genuine Mitsi track days.

But they squirm out of any warranty claim if the fault was caused by or happened on a track day ???

Never really worked that out..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
fq400duran said:
i no how to use it mate i had the same in the mak and the other 6 i had

belive me its almost imposble to boot from 1st to second :confused:

Jason
Am wondering if it is the gearbox synchros between 1st and 2nd..
I found same prob with my car after I had the upgrade, if I floored it in first to redline then tried quick change to 2nd.. would struggle to get it into 2nd without gears grating.. still have standard clutch in mine and didn't notice this prob when power was standard.!
Might be extra torque putting stress on the 1st/2nd synchro.. have since not given car full welly between 1st and 2nd, just in other gears..
Good luck with sorting it out mate.

Rob
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top