Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to watch this if you are in the UK this pm 20:00 on C4 (I think).

EVO VII RS2 with Scoob STi comparison!

And the winner is - need u ask?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those who missed it, lts see if I remember.

Take 6 punters and let them play in a 7 and an STi

Q1 Which looks better? Answer - most say the STi is crap and the Evop is OK

Q2 Which do you want? All punters run to the EVO :D

But no, what do punters know. Better get professionals to see which is best And the test is take 1 Saxo, give it a 5 second start around a mixed route of road, dirt and track. First chaser is the STi The tester gets to the first corner, hits the brakes and with panic in her voice comments on the brakes being only just OK and the UNDERSTEER. Continues on talking about understeer all the time until finally they catch the Saxo. Final comment is how hard it is to drive and that from an ex British Female Rally Champ.

Next up is the Evo. Immediately the comment is that is is faster. Hits the brakes and says with glee how good they are. Before completing the first set of bends she is in love with the car and she easily catches the Saxo. Final conclusions is..........the evo is MUCH BETTER!

BTW, I don't think this is a biassed account. It really did happen :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the best laugh, go read the 50 posts on Scoobynet about this. Even my misses cracked up with some of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're saying it's a stitch up on the Scooby forum ... maybe. It definately wasn't shot in one session, rather over multiple runs where they changed the camera angles. Don't know if this implies anything about the validity of the article or not.

My girlfriends brother has a new Scooby and although you either love or hate the styling it's a pretty smart car - I won't slag off a car if it don't deserve it.

At the end of the day, it's down to PERSONAL TASTE.

Dave (owner of an EVO6 soon :) )
Be excellent to each other

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font color|EQU| red ><font size|EQU| 4 >DAMN!

Forgot about it! Whos going to get it divx-ed and uploaded? Please!<font size|EQU| 1 >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it on tape, and well worth a replay or three, this was game set and match to the Evo 7. It won hands down on all counts - performance, handling, brakes, looks - poor old Scooby never really stood a chance :D . Still, it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know :):)

If anyone fancies a second hand Scooby, there will soon be plenty 'sensibly priced' examples on the market :). Time for a quick peek at Scoobynet to see the excuses piling in.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reading the Scoobynet posts is like listening in on a playground argument. Marketing monety and fix - give me strength.

Typical of the 'my car's better than yours' attitude that's developed on that board for the last year or so since the Scooby went from cult classic to rep mobile.

I owned scoobies from 1995 until 2 weeks ago when I got rid of the P1. There's only one reason I got rid of the P1, I test drove a Tommi Mak for 10 mins - a very simple choice to make!

Funny that the Top Gear feature wasn't perceived as biased, ooh, maybe that's because the Sti did so well. Christ! Ironic that Subaru's mission statement is to be the Japanese BMW in terms of perception and quality - looks like the owners are going the same way. I have the best car on the road, no questions asked!

Makes me really tired just reading it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice one Street! those boys are all a bit bitter,they don't like it when things don't go their way,is it a case of bad loser? after all 2nd place is the first loser.
In my mind two great cars it doesn't really matter,but it is nice to be on top!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys Guys!
You forget, we did our OWN Scoob v Evo 7 test last Sunday on Mellow's Lakes run..... and The Daddy is....:) :) :)
Lol - Sorry Mellow - Trying hard to get my own back on you and Greame for that Photo!! :) :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hang on chaps,
Did anybody else notice that the Evo 7 tested was not an RSII version?. If i am correct in this statement you will notice that there is no drivers side A- Pillar aeriel fitted. Also the in shot of the car showed GSR Air con control switches. I might have made a mistake here but i think that car was a GSR model. Regards, SIMON

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my buisness partner has a new uk wrx and i've driven it plenty of times and I think its a great car although it does under steer a lot on my favourite roundabouts. er indoors wants us to buy one!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmm I don't know what the problem with the scoobie boys is, kinda obvious that the 7 would beat the STI and this has nothing to do with the fact I own a an EVO either, sus, diffs, more power etc etc

bit of a crappy test if you ask me, not very scientific
R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Exlant fun over on Scoobynet. Reading the 100 posts in just over 90mins, gives the impression that they are trying to justify owning a Scoob. I think combined meets and trackdays may take on a bit of an edge from now on
Although for the majority, it is still at the fun stage

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Y7 EVO is a GSR, and a grey! It is Ralliart's press car, apparently. This is what I was told by the two people who were driving it when I spoke to them a month ago. And it's got shed loads of miles on it.

Now where's my password for Scoobynet? :D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts