Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO i took the front driveshafts out of my E7 during a gearbox swap. When I was removing the right hand side shaft, I pulled on the cenre shaft with the predictable result of the inner joint coming out of its sleeve.

Is there a trick to getting ths back in without major surgery? Was hoping it would just go back in if I got the alignment right, but so far no dice.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Should just be a normal tripod joint which just slides back in the cup. Unless the any of the 3 roller bearings have popped off and all the needle rollers have fallen out it should be straight forward!

Has it ripped the cv boot? If it hasn't you can open the clip carefully and pull the boot back and then see inside as to what you need to do and then do the clip back up to secure it.

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubber boot seems fine. Just can't seem to get it to seat. Was a pig to get off and was a pig to get back onto transfer box, but I guess I better whip t off again and see if I can get the boot eased off.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Just re-read and saw you say centre shaft...I read that as driveshaft, did you mean that or the shaft that's inside the transfer box that the driveshaft goes onto?

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry bad description. I pulled on the center bar of the drive shaft between the 2 boots when i was taking the drive shaft out. This dislodged the tripod.

i have just refitted the shaft back into the transfer case and when I lined up the axle and slipped it into the hub, the shaft seemed to just slip back into the inner cup easily.

Hoping thats it sorted ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts