Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oh well, looks like the drift day at Oulton Park did do a little bit of damage :cry:

I thought the rear diff was a bit noisey on the way home. Left it and went on a nice snowboarding trip...............only to drive it on Christmas eve and then there was a loud bang, followed by a lot of metallic clunking and banging..............Merry Christmas from my Evo :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And here's a few pics of the damage......... Must have been caused when one of the wheels was getting a bit stuck in a rut while travelling at speed.................Must try harder next time to stay on the tarmac :D

Anyway, many thanks to Kev and Mark from M.A.D who made great efforts on New Years eve to sort me a diff out. It's all fitted and taking a trip to Gaz at CPP in the morning to have the AYC sorted and a 4 wheel allignment (Drifting is more expensive than I thought!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More.........

Another one.............

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last one.......

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well, at least now it's got an E7 one in it.

I think I will be safer just playing WRC Evolved or GT4!!!

For those who want to enjoy track or rallying without the expense, check out my friends product on www.visionracer.com

Matt

·
Registered
845 Posts
trackmaxi said:
Oh well, at least now it's got an E7 one in it.

I think I will be safer just playing WRC Evolved or GT4!!!

For those who want to enjoy track or rallying without the expense, check out my friends product on www.visionracer.com

Matt
How much did the new diff cost? Was it a used one?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was used but only low mileage. Got it for a bargain price of £430!!!
Very cheap indeed, but I think it was just cluttering up a workshop so it was out of the way and money in the sellers pocket. He now runs an RS Diff and a lot of power (Circa 610BHP)

I am going to get my E6 Refurbed and sell that on soon, only needs a crownwheel and pinion, the rest is absolutely fine!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts