Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had these discs fitted a couple of weeks ago (mk 3 with cast holes).

After a good old running/bedding in (300 miles in varying progressive braking scenarios) I took them out to Donington to see how they would perform.

Absolutely phenomenal stopping power, really putting ABS to its limits and no brake fade whatsoever.

Donington was a whole new experience for me, I have never been able to stay out for as long as I did. If anyone wants to upgrade their evo discs, then this is the way to go.

I can't recommend them enough.

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have just ordered a set. http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Hopefully they will be here by weekend. Glad to hear they work well as I'd ordered them about an hour before I read this. Kevin's are being despatched today and mine will follow as soon as the next set are ready from the machine shop.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See the 'Brakes' forum and 'Latest Brake replacement' thread for details on the discs including pictures and prices.
I ordered a set but had to cancel after my engine mishap http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
If I keep my Evo that will be the first upgrade I get when finances allow!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blowdog, nothing to do with brakes but thanks for the info about schofield insurance, just saved myself £500, will get you a pint in when i meet you.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hunty,
From what I have heard, the brake assembly on the Evo VII is identical to that of the VI, so we can take them with us. Make sure you keep your old discs all.

I just want to reiterate, they really are that good!

BlackVI,
Ace stuff, I hope you told Tom I sent you!

Cem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have also had them fitted and have tried them out on a track day.

You Guys have said it all really, they really are the dogs danglies. They are a big improvement on the Mk2's
I had fitted before but these look much cooler and the good thing is they work damn well.

Now I just got to sort out some pads for the track as I foung the Oem pads didn't have enough bite.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thorak

I have ordered some carbon metallic z rated performance friction pads i hope they can stop me with a big bite

i also think the oem pads fade but the dragon discs are really something i am happy with it

18th of march i do a track day if they can stop me all day without warping then i kiss alan zini on his butt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts