Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I think some people have got the wrong idea about my posting with ref to my beloved evo4 and DP. I took the car to Ralliart in Winnersh as the car was cutting out constantly, i always use DP for all my cars and my other halfs cars as they have been 100% tops for us! I had a feeling it was the fuel relay so dropped it off at 9am, i have the apexi guages in the car set up by DP and the car had been runnng tops since i had it, why didnt they say when i dropped the car off they werent sure about what they were doing with ref to the guages as when i called in about 2pm they had the bloody manual out flicking through the pages looking lost!
I picked the car up the next morning, with an invoice for £100 for changing the fuel relay( which i said it was in the first place) and on the invoice at the bottom where some other CHANGES they had made whilst looking at the car ( i still have the invoice by the way) they said they had disconnected some of the wiring from the guages to the ecu as 'I DIDNT NEED THEM!' so then i drove home to find they had disconnected the rev limiter, speed limiter, all the fuelling was shot and was now overfuelling causing plumes of black smoke on acceleration, and the boost was all over the place, the crank is not for this car but for a friends evo who has bought a knackered one to rebuild. Dave and Simon at DP are great friends of mine aswell as treating our cars with the utmost respect, we have never had a problem with them and price wise they are second to none for us! Dans sunny is 400bhp and does standing quater in 11 secs all work by DP, quickest gtir at the pod so far so they cant be bad eh! All on video as proof!!!! Everyone has their own opinions of who they have to work on their cars and who they recommend, if you've had great service, fantastic quality work and even better prices at Joe Bloggs garage down the road, your gonna recommend them, and vice versa, we've had a bad experience with a certain company in Aldershot so we wouldnt recommend them, as now after this experience with Ralliart in Winnersh, i wouldnt recommend them now either. Its hard to hear people downing DP and i certainly would recommend them to all!

Anyway thats my moan over, happy driving!

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John,

Btw how did you get the little running man on your profile?

Hes cute, just the sort of guy i go for!!

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't disagree on the way they make a car go, but the attention to detail , on mine at least hasn't been great.

The way the apexi has been spliced into the ECU is something I would be ashamed of. Since fitment of the FCD - the speedo is fooked and all over the place. Where the holes have been drilled for the wires (visible in the glove box) there are huge scuff marks where the drill has rotated against the sides and caused large burrs in the plastic. The defi boost control valve was snapped off. Wires have been messed up. got charged 5 hours labour for fitting an FCD - most of the labour time was spent trying to fish out an injector cap that had been dropped down the injector plug hole.

Like i say - can't complain about the way the car went - but won't recommend them for the quality of work. Is no different to brusing dirt under a rug - if people don't see it they won't know - that's not acceptable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Original Post:
Thanks John,

Btw how did you get the little running man on your profile?

Debs,
Log on and then click on modify profile at the top of the page. Scroll down until you see your batwoman picture and then click on the drop menu beside it. It gives you a list of characters you can have as your icon! Pick Sonic the Hedgehog and you should see him running! I think there are 2 sonics so make sure you get the right one.

Sonic moves almost as fast as your and Dans cars up the pod :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dp Motorsport! They changed my top hose without draining the system and covered my engine bay in water and antifreeze,they failed to set up my Apexi Boost controller it peaked at 1.7 bar Lee can confirm this he was driving it at the time and Simom Evo had to do a tempory fix to get me home.They changed the intercooler pipe and left the bolt off .They refitted my dump valve in the wrong position and it fouled the bonnet ,shall I continue?

Rc Developements have now sorted out my car and done further work they are brilliant,I speak as I find my advice stay away from DP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dp Motorsport! They changed my top hose without draining the system and covered my engine bay in water and antifreeze,they failed to set up my Apexi Boost controller it peaked at 1.7 bar Lee can confirm this he was driving it at the time and Simom Evo had to do a tempory fix to get me home.They changed the intercooler pipe and left the bolt off .They refitted my dump valve in the wrong position and it fouled the bonnet ,shall I continue?

Rc Developements have now sorted out my car and done further work they are brilliant,I speak as I find my advice stay away from DP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tommi,

Hope the cars running well now!
btw i'm gonna nominate you for an oscar at next years awards as the performance you put on for Fastchick is second to none!!!:)

Well done that man....... knows how to make a woman feel good!

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bloody hell Wazup, one day you are pulling 2 babes in an Evo, the next you are wowing the girls on this site. How about a name change - smooth operator? ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.