Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Random question. Has anyone ever heard of people downgrading a car for a cheaper one at a dealer?

Long story short, I may have to trade the Evo in over the next 12 months to free up some cash. There are some nice Golf GTi Edition 30s about which would free around £4-£5k of cash, but not sure a dealer would trade the Evo for a Golf plus cash...?

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,576 Posts
a dealer will kick you in the nuts price wise ,DONT do it

sell it private and consider a PX on something that takes your fancy with cash your way ,this can make it very attactive to some one looking to up grade

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
a dealer will kick you in the nuts price wise ,DONT do it

sell it private and consider a PX on something that takes your fancy with cash your way ,this can make it very attactive to some one looking to up grade
agree. Selling it cheap privately, so an easy sale, will still see a better return than px against a cheaper car

Stu

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, good advice. You may see a 'keenly priced' Evo X in the for sale section at some point in the next 3-6 months!

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Had a golf edition 30 stage 2+ dsg 370hp. What a awesome car would embarrass many evos on the road tbh

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a golf edition 30 stage 2+ dsg 370hp. What a awesome car would embarrass many evos on the road tbh
Exactly. I'm thinking stage 2 so 320-330bhp with a wavetrac/quaiffe LSD and DSG box. Probably not as capable as the Evo overall but fairly decent when grip is available. Plus nice examples are appreciating atm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dad (Morris Minor on here) part exchanged his B7 RS4 for a MK 2 Leon Cupra R with a garage called Revitup, they exchanged a couple of emails, sent the guy a link to his readers ride thread on rs246 and that was that.

Much to my annoyance, he drove on up and they exchanged keys and cash my dads way. He said he'd happily do that sort of deal again (although not planning on doing so) I think, figures and retailer dependent, its a very viable option.

Edited to say: Do ignore my location, I am not 13 as I was when I signed up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts