Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1012-7-LCD-MO...es?hash=item290296989910&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Sounds a lot of kit for not a lot of money, which usually means a load of crap, but he's sold thousands of them all with positive feedback

I was about to fit a nokia bluetooth car kit but that alone plus fitting is over a ton so i figure for not a lot more this kind of thing is worth a go, and is something i can wire up myself unlike the car kit.

has anyone any got one or similar?

also im no audio guru so...

are the outputs labelled 6 and 7 pre amp outputs? i.e. can i just use the standard ISO connector to the standard speakers ala the current sony unit?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1012-7-LCD-MO...es?hash=item290296989910&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Sounds a lot of kit for not a lot of money, which usually means a load of crap, but he's sold thousands of them all with positive feedback

I was about to fit a nokia bluetooth car kit but that alone plus fitting is over a ton so i figure for not a lot more this kind of thing is worth a go, and is something i can wire up myself unlike the car kit.

has anyone any got one or similar?

also im no audio guru so...

are the outputs labelled 6 and 7 pre amp outputs? i.e. can i just use the standard ISO connector to the standard speakers ala the current sony unit?

Yeah I was a bit vague at first like yourself....and when I mentioned to my mates, they laughed and said "Mark, FFS, with all the thousands you've got tucked away you tight arse you ought to spend it on!!!!" giving all these suggestions of £1,000 headunits, made by Alpines and the likes of.

However I would say don't use their aerial I bought an ebay version of the glass mounted Veba for £20....works ten times better but the in built TV is still not amazing being analogue, however I just have my aux output set up to the free view box that I've got, and that works perfect providing I'm not driving to fast as inner town areas can lose connection....parked up at a cruise with your mates, you'll be watching Dave all day long.

Feature wise the bluetooth feature is amazing and the three fines I've had for phone use in 6 years has half bought the unit anyway. I'm a heavy downloader so I bought a 16 gb SD card and I've just filled it with most of the episodes of Stephen Fry's QI....sad I know, but I've got in essence 30 minutes x 12 episodes x 5 seasons all sort of pre-loaded into the unit and still plenty of room for my 7gb worth of **** 80's disco, Queen, Chrissie Ag's and Spandau Ballet....(please note I'm 100% hetrosexual, despite my listening choices)

The price of these units will put 90%of the people off and they'll go out and get the likes of the Alpines, and to be honest it's a 7/10 unit for the person like me who listens to dodgy 80's crap, If I was to want massive high end quality for show stuff then maybe your looking in the wrong place....

Hope this has been of some use to you, feel free to fire back any questions. :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
139 Posts
They arent brilliant .. but for the money as the poster above says .. its at most a 7/10 system ... if your looking for all singing and dancing then look at the 1k plus systems .. if its just a cheap and cheerful unit .. that will do what you want but probably not as well as you might like .. then these are really good value ..

They do plug straight in and yes they are pre outs for amps .. the power of the unit is pretty good ... an extra 50 - 60 quid gets you the same unit with GPS and another extra £20 gets a freeview box (assuming youve got freeview in your area .. shouldve bloody checked before i bought the freeview box as there isnt any around here !! )

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the replies chaps

that kind of puts my mind at rest that for the money they are they are worth a crack

im not after anything top end sound wise, the car has standards up front and some 6*9 rears so top end sound is impossible anyway!

oh and mark.............dodgy music taste LOL

·
Registered
285 Posts
I also have one similar and you can't go wrong for the money..
Only problem with mine is the plastic cover round the unit won't fit on my evo 9 but luckily does not look bad and unit still nice fit.
Like others have said not as good as high end stuff but well worth the money.
I paid about £170 for mine.. :smthumbup

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
cheers for the replies chaps

that kind of puts my mind at rest that for the money they are they are worth a crack

I'm not after anything top end sound wise, the car has standards up front and some 6*9 rears so top end sound is impossible anyway!

oh and mark.............dodgy music taste LOL
Yeah I know, Christina Aguilera is a more to watch than listen if you get what I mean:kiss:

I don't rate the inbuilt TV at all, but the free-view option with Dave and all the others can be achieved with one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/portable-free...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

They're not expensive and I paid £31 for mine and it's as good as the more expensive ones that I've seen....just don't forget to plug in the infra red pickup sensor like I did and then wonder why despite putting the batteries in the right way around I couldn't change the channels. :wallbang:

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well I paid for one of these of ebay, only cost me £80 and I feel even at that price they are ****.

The display is naff, you have to turn the brightness right down to read your album track and then back up to watch a dvd. The quality of the osd is the worst I have ever seen in any head unit. Sound is naff. Even when fitted properly the screen sticks out and because of the way its made when driving the screen motorised mechanisum bounces all over the place and it becomes hard to read. The bluetooth for the phone is ****, the microphone is in the head unit there is no separate microphone for you to move close to you for clear conversation and at any speed over 30mph you are wasting you time.

To be fair to Eonon they were prepaired to try and solve these issues but my issues were with the quality of the product and not its functions.

In the end I sold it for what I paid and I now have a fantastic Kenwood unit and it was worth the extra, by far. This isnt just about brand buying the differance is quality is massive.

My advice is stay away from them.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
The bluetooth for the phone is ****, the microphone is in the head unit there is no separate microphone for you to move close to you for clear conversation.
Hi Robbie,

Not sure on your model, but the one I got and the same as the original poster will come with a separate external microphone of which mine pops out the top of the A pillar as not to get turbulence from my drivers window being open when I take a call. Mine makes calls with no problems. :coolsm:

I will agree with you though on many levels about the quality, but they're at a price where you expect it to be sub standard to the bigger players....I listen to **** so it make it perfect for me....I would recommend to the original poster that if high end quality audio is what your after then buying an aftermarket amp or a completely different head unit all together. :smthumbup

Mine cost about the £180 mark and mines the E1012 for comparison purposes. :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the pic in the first post is the back of a 1012 and shows the external mic connection. this is the front...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Any fitting issues with these? Do they need a double-din metal/frame cage to fit into? If so, does it come with the unit or buy seperate?

Is it possible to connect my 10 disc changer thats fitted in the boot?

:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Any fitting issues with these? Do they need a double-din metal/frame cage to fit into? If so, does it come with the unit or buy seperate?

They stick out, its not a flush fit

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i bought the 1012. paid £140 delivered off ebay from the hong kong supplier. arrived on my desk at work 3 days later :thumbup:

the wiring loom matched exactly to the converter already in the harness that i had to convert the standard loom to a sony fitment. the loom supplied with the unit plugged direct into this so there is effectively 2 in there but that makes no odds.

initial reactio is that its a great bit of kit for the money. ive only tested playing mp3 and the bluetooth to my c905 and both are perfect. as i said above this is the main reason i bought it. the tv and dvd stuff im not too bothered about so they are just a bonus to me

yes they need a cage. this isnt supplied with the unit. mines not arrived yet. i just bought a universal one off ebay for a tenner. i'll make it fit :D

i wouldnt think you could connect the cd changer but given that you can chuck a hundred or so albums in mp3 format on a dvd and play them why would you want a cd changer anymore :smthumbup

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
finished install :smthumbup

bluetooth microphone is velcro'd on the roof lining above the pillar. sound clarity when driving is great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts