Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next MLR / Trackstar trackday is at Donington Park on 5 November.

Unlimited tracktime on the National Circuit is only £99 per car and driver, and as usual includes free instruction from our regular team of ARDS qualified instructors. Also present on the day will be Silverline Tyre Company, Pete Wileman Photography and possibly a GpN Evo6 rally car offering white knuckle rides.

Additional drivers are £35 each, and passengers a fiver. We'll also be able to arrange insurance for you on the day through Competition Car Insurance, as well as having a small number of helmets avaliable for hire.

There are still a number of places available but I will almost guarantee that they will have sold out before the day. If you would like to book, please make your cheque(s) payable to Trackstar, and send to 29 Wheelers Road, Midsomer Norton, Bath, BA3 2BX.

All bookings will receive a full information pack about the day, but if you have any specific questions beforehand please contact me at: [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I shall be attending this trackday in my Integrale.
I hope can blagg a lift in a newer (faster?)World Rally Champion Mobile!

Remember you guys, the Integrale is the granddaddy and deserves respect. so try not to laugh too much

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Darin,

Cheque in the post - will be there in my dedicated track car http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > Anyone else going?

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Skip,

Haven't had a track day since Croft, so this will be good. How is the black beast? Still remember the g-forces your AP's and slicks generated.

You'll see the car on the day - all I'll say now is it's small, light, normally aspirated and has no 4wd or electronic driver aids http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > oh, and its bloody good fun....

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve

Things are even better now, got some coilover suspension and the geometry setup properly, shame its the last outing before its sold :(:(:(

Got a good idea what you might have, hope your taking me out again :D:D:D

As always, if anyone at Donno needs to loan a jack, tools etc look out for me, black 94WRX scoob :):):)

Skip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shame to spoil things for you now people are interested! :) I'm just looking forwards to thrashing the nadgers off the car, this is one motor I feel I can drive at 91/2 tenths (Evo on track |EQU| 8 tenths so far)

I'll probably be going up the night before so if anyone else is going the B and amp;B route we should try to get a few shandys in.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry Misterbishi, I am a miserable git aren't I :D. OK then, it's a modded 205 GTI, and I knew you'd be disappointed. Can't seem to give the thing away, so I figure that giving it a good few thrashings round tracks will hardly make it worth much less than what it is already!

I've decided that a 330bhp Evo is probably not the best way to learn track driving since I only started this June, so I'll use my spare motor until I can do it a bit better. The Pug is already in semi-track spec engine and suspension wise, just needs uprated brake pads, cut slicks, bucket seats and harnesses. Goes without saying it'll be a lot slower than the Evo, but grip, handling, steering and throttle response are superb and will be easier to concentrate on the racing line at lower speeds. Guarantee you I will have just as much fun as in the Evo as it's easier for me to gun £2k car closer to its limits than a £20k car and it'll pay for itself in lower petrol, track insurance and Evo wear 'n' tear costs.

And if I get past anyone in an Evo then it will be immortalised on film (watch out Andy and Lee :D:D:D)

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheque is in the post!!!

Me and my mate Geof are going thats two maki 6's (AKA BROWNS INC)

After our first outing last month at Oulton Park I carnt wait to Donnington.

See you there!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am also coming along in my vehicle, and Andy D in his VII.

Steve the only film you are likely to get is that sprayed up from all the EVOs blasting past you! :D Pug sounds like fun though, but make sure your brakes are up to Donnington GP circuit which has 5 heavy 100mph plus corners to brake for each lap.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve,

I don't think they will be 100mph corners for me :(, but ta for the tip. Standard pads with drilled discs are pretty good but if not will get decent pads before Snetterton.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi was wondering what time it all starts, and what time it finishes,as iam working and will have to work out how i will get there.
The lancer turbo is not ready yet but it wont be long.

regards

NICK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone,

The Donington trackday is now provisionally full and has been for a few days now (sorry I haven't got to a PC until now). This doesn't necessarily mean that we won't allow anymore drivers to drive on the day itself, but being open pitlane format it will depend on how the day pans out, and if we can run a couple more we will . . . .always try to oblige if we can!

Look forward to seeing you all there - should be a blinder (if the sun also comes out to play!!) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
C u all there , in the Evo , if the weather cooperates !
I'll b there wotever tho , can't miss a chance 2 look around the brilliant model shop in the museum building :)

Blade , u goin M8 ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Evoboy, unfortunately not :(

I was at Donny last week, and in two weeks time, and the car is having some much needed RnR (ok, more things being bolted on :D :D)

Next at Donny on 26/11

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.