Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys fancy it - 3 hrs on track £99:00 - bit expensive I know , but if you're desperate to get-out there ...

I'm going anyway - Vectra V6 - see you there ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you can book a place through bookatrack.com, a friends booked a place for his TVR.

I will be attending in Spectator mode, White EVO VI RS Sprint (spent too much money this month, to track it).

Cheers

Charles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so I'm weak, decided after spending all that money the best thing I could do was track it.

Anyway well driven grey Evo VI, we may not have been the fastest of the day, but at least neither of us left the track. Unlike the spinning Caterham, Honda, TVR and others, the scooby that took a trip through the gravel pit and unfortunatley the Elise that backed into the Tyre wall.

I was a little disappointed with a couple of the Elises, I let them pass whilst I was learning the track. Once I was ready for some flying laps would they return the favour. I gave up waiting and just forced one of them off line on a straight, obviously he had other things on his/her mind during the drivers briefing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ta - nice to meet you.

It was pretty good, but I was keeping the max start of breaking speed down to about 95 to prevent shagging the brakes again (they are only slightly warped, which is like being slightly pregnant). Got about 4-5 clear laps with the instructor which sorted some lines out (I now really like Old Hall and Coppice corners!).

Funniest point was when I went into Goddards with a TVR behind me, so just went through at normal Evo entry and exit speed and backed off onto the main straight... and waited and waited and waited for him to come past - I'd gone under the start/finish banner over the track before he'd caught up enough to manage it!

Some of the Elises were obnoxious (one metallic blue one in particular) and the Westfield Blade thing was worse, but most people were very well behaved.

That's my last track day until someone comes up with a reason why some VI's warp discs - even driving like a complete grandad I could feel them starting to go, and I know one 120-80 brake effort would have shagged them completely. Arse.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts