1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thats it

Now the real wait is on!!

I've just brought a nice Silver 6 GSR

Delivery on 28.02.2002 - Can't wait.

The only mod so far is a HKS induction kit (exhaust coming soon)

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Evo

Yes it is - It only arrived with them on Friday Lunchtime, Having spoken to the previous owner (2 years) and verified the service history. It was too difficult to refuse (after careful price negotiation). It also drove really well, in the past 3 weeks I've driven 6 different ones and looked at about 12!

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can smell a fuel cut problem commin on...ah the expense of modification. once u start u just cant stop.;)

Good luck with the car. U wont be disappointed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robert

I've also got the Apex-i kit I took off my Scooby AVC-R and amp; S-AFC so I should be OK.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jeremy - i really never thought that you would actually buy one, tell mw what was the year and amp; mileage and price if you don't mind me asking

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jackal,

Its a 1999 - with 19000 miles, sunroof, New tyres, discs and pads all round (uprated front), tax, warranty, decent ICE, fogs etc. between £19 and amp; £19900

Jeremy

This is where everyone says HOW MUCH, why did you pay that!
I'm happy anyway if I'd brought private for say 18k I would have to spend possibly £1000 - £1500 on warranty, valet, Tracking, tyres etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeremy,

Careful who you get your insurance from, mate.

There's some real clowns out there who don't know what a GSR is !!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the price 'tweaking' was complete a couple of hours after our chat eh? I too have a couple of weeks wait for mine and can't wait - I know what you're going through!!!!! Patience, as they say, is a virtue. And I have none!!!!!

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeremy,

If it's anything more complex than a rubber dinghy, I wouldn't let Admiral handle it... The way I feel now, I wouldn't trust them to look after my rubber duck !

Best of luck with your new purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, if you can survive the wait...

Quick (of topic) question: if I go for the quote, how do you take payment? Instalments? Go easy on me, remember I've just been stung !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
EVO6081

Direct debit over 12 months 20% Deposit (small credit charge - written details on request (for all you wise guys))
Credit Card
Cheque (2 halves, half now, half in a month)

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
InsBro.

I recently got an Evo6 off Charlesworths,had to wait two weeks to get hold of the keys,they were the slowest 2 weeks ive had for ages,worth the wait though,very pleased with the deal, the motors a gem,not stoppped smiling .

take care

Blood

1 - 16 of 16 Posts