Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a bit of advice from anyone who may know.

was driving in a national speed limit on a always quite b road . the speed limit decreases to 30 mph. a happy looking policeman appears from behind a bush 5 metres behind the 30 sign with a hand held gun and maybe a hand held computer in the other hand. from what i have seen before isnt there normally a police car waiting down the road to pull you over? because ther was no car anywhere . are they able to picture you and record your details. ironic thing is i was in my 110bhp diesel citreon dispatch :eek: .have never been court speeding before . cheers guys

·
Registered
583 Posts
i'd wait and see if you get a ticket first. they have two weeks to give you one.

as far as i've seen in the past the guys with the mobile camera always have a van as backup. they either sit in the van and snap out the back or the guys on foot radio the van 100 yards+ up to pull you in.

also i've even seen locals with high vis jackets on and guns checking people's speeds! not sure what they're trying to achieve tbh.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hope i dont get anything through. only started breaking when i hit the 30 so would have been doing 60 ish when he got me. could be good buy licence i think.problem is i have to drive for work so no licence means no work .am sh**ing it a bit really

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
dave79 said:
hope i dont get anything through. only started breaking when i hit the 30 so would have been doing 60 ish when he got me. could be good buy licence i think.problem is i have to drive for work so no licence means no work .am sh**ing it a bit really
From what I have heard you will only loose your liecense if you are doubling the speed limit or doing 30 mph over it so if you speedo was actually reading 60 you are probably only doing just over 55 as your speedo isn't all that acurate so you should be under by just enough to not get a ban.

I have heard of some speeding fines and endorsements taking much more than 2 weeks to come through but that might have been the fixed road side cameras which had film in them and not the digital ones like they are putting up now but I don't know about the hand held speeding cameras.

So you will have to wait and see and you can always try to contest it if and when it does come through.

Hope it was only some local just out with a grudge against motorists.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Might be your underexageration of distances, but if he was only just inside the 30 zone and was targeting you, if you do get a ticket I'd argure you were still in the national speed zone when he took the reading.

Sounds like it might go to court if it does come through anyway, so you might as well fight it.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
JonRS2 said:
So you will have to wait and see and you can always try to contest it if and when it does come through.
Contest it how? "I know I was going 60 in a 30 but...."

:)

You'll just need to wait and see TBH. If you aint heard in 14 days you'll be ok. Usually with these setups they have someone further down the road to pull you over so I'd be cautiously optimistic.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Aidy said:
Contest it how? "I know I was going 60 in a 30 but...."

:)

Speak to mr Loophole he would be able to get you off if you want to pay several grand :crackup:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Ask to see the calibration certificate for the gun on the day, the certificate proving the user is properly trained, but most of all I'd hone in on the fact that he took the reading whilst the OP was in the National Speed zone, not the 30 Zone.

What has he got to lose?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
youngsyr said:
Ask to see the calibration certificate for the gun on the day
That's great advice. These people enjoy doing nothing more than hiding in bushes all day with non-calibrated equipment so that everyone they stop can get out of jail free.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
:wallbang:

And the officer will definitely have filed it correctly, and it won't have got lost in the system, and the relevant person will definitely bring it with him on the day, because the public sector is just soooo efficient with paperwork.

I'll say it again:

WHAT HAS HE GOT TO LOSE?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
youngsyr said:
Might be your underexageration of distances.

not at all ,was no more than 5 metres. end of the day i was speeding and if it comes through i think i will be screwed. points and fine i can take if i lose my licence for more than 1 month i will lose my job that is what has screwed me. hope to god it doesnt come through have just brought a house and had a child.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Aidy said:
A lot of his time plus £20 plus court costs.
If he was doing 25mph plus over the speed limit there's a good chance he'll have to go to court anyway, and I never suggested he fight it if he's not summoned.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
dave79 said:
youngsyr said:
not at all ,was no more than 5 metres. end of the day i was speeding and if it comes through i think i will be screwed. points and fine i can take if i lose my licence for more than 1 month i will lose my job that is what has screwed me. hope to god it doesnt come through have just brought a house and had a child.
Well, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
youngsyr said:
Simple and effective. What's not to like?
Cleaning the mess off your car afterwards :crackup:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Claim he jumped out in front of you, kill any witness who disagrees, then sue the dead guy's estate for all repairs and cleaning (stick in a cheeky claim for a broken Do Luck Carbon front splitter that you didn't actually have at the time).

What could possibly go wrong? ;)

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
youngsyr said:
Claim he jumped out in front of you, kill any witness who disagrees, then sue the dead guy's estate for all repairs and cleaning (stick in a cheeky claim for a broken Do Luck Carbon front splitter that you didn't actually have at the time).

What could possibly go wrong? ;)
What happens if he has only got a hatchback and not an estate?

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts