Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now done 450 miles in my Evo IX GT going to and from Japfest and my parents over the weekend.

Firstly, it really is a truly brilliant car....I am a very happy chap!

The RS "style" transmission is fantastic, and you can really feel the LSD's working with you to provide stunning grip with excellent mid corner adjustability and feel. I found it so much more rewarding than the AYC setup on the IX GSR I recently drove......but perhaps the LSD's won't save your behind the way AYC will if your to ham fisted with the controls.... ;)

The uprated (magnesium & titanium) turbo and the MIVEC is quite something also, my GT is on full boost at 2700rpm in 4th & 5th gears.... admittedly it's more like 3000rpm in 1st & 2nd....but that's a good 500rpm lower than the 8MR. The off boost drivability is also vastly improved over the 8MR.

The engine feels very strong and linear, but I haven't really had a proper go as it's not been above 5000rpm yet....and won't until it's a bit more run in and has had its first oil change to Silkolene 5W-40 at around 750 miles.

The RS interior is also very nice, it lacks the leather side bolsters that the GSR has.....but for me this looks better.

I have had the front covered in the 3M protective vinyl by Paint Shield, and I have to say they have done a fantastic job.....you can hardly see the covering at all so I can give them a very positive recommendation.

Any questions, please do PM me.

Some JapFest pics.....

www.scammell.com/gallery/index.cfm?email=JapFest&password=J4pf3st

Cheers

Ben

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have had the front covered in the 3M protective vinyl by Paint Shield, and I have to say they have done a fantastic job.....you can hardly see the covering at all so I can give them a very positive recommendation.
Tell me more , what is it , where can it be applied ect

:D

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TCB said:
Getting me excited now Ben !

How are you on the road with no model report ? :confused:
You better be excited, it's really quite something in GT trim....oh and the gearbox is not too short so as to make motorways an issue!

To be honest Clive, I have been struggling to find fault!

I'll pm you about the model report....

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TCB said:
Wait till it's got another 100 horses - if it's good now it's only going to get better !
My thoughts exactly..... oh and full AP setup can't hurt.....lighter and better!

And my new 18" rims are going to take out some more weight.

I need a teflon driving licence.....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts