Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps :)

Currently on 1.6 bar boost on stock internals and turbo, running MoTeC for boost/ fuelling control. Have uprated fuel pump, 3" Magnex full exhaust system (decat) and APS induction.

Looking for a strengthened internals jobbie to take 2 bar boost or possibly bigger turbo (yes evo400, I will get round to calling you) to get 400bhp/ 400lbft. :coolsm:

Im thinking:

Head bolts
Head gasket
forged pistons, conrods and bolts.

possibly uprated cams / pulleys
possibly alloy flywheel

I know a lot of you have gone this way, I am wondering how much should this lot cost, and any advice/tips/problems, etc.

Any advice appreciated. :smthumbup

pete

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What power are you making at the moment? Do you have an VIII or an MR?
I was going to go down this route, but if I can get 390Bhp out of my MR, then it becomes a lot of money if you include the turbo as well..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got 352 lbft torque, 360 bhp at the moment.
Shes a E8 GSR.

Yes Paul, I agree with you . . . . turbos = mega mega moola. :angst: would prefer to see if I can get there with the standard blower.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
peteh said:
Got 352 lbft torque, 360 bhp at the moment.
Shes a E8 GSR.

Yes Paul, I agree with you . . . . turbos = mega mega moola. :angst: would prefer to see if I can get there with the standard blower.
Just get your turbo ball bearing cored , and get a good set of cams.
With good mapping and possibly an uprated intercooler you'll be knocking on the door of 400bhp and about 400lbs ft .

If you go down that rod/pistons route ect you should get cams also , just to make the most of them.
@ 2.0 bar i would think you'll be closer to 450bhp with a Garret GT seires - depanding on turbo choice that is

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Cam's pricing will depend on whick make you go for . If your going for an EVO400 turbo then speak to him on a deal price with the piper cam's maybe

I personally have gone for the HKS 272/272 cam's which i'm pleased with . R/Road session very soon , just need a half day free . The results should be good ;) :D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
MADMAT said:
Tom whats the idle like with the 272's? What have you got them dialed in at?
I was looking at the 264/272 as a compromise for idle.
Very vey smooth , but to be honest they're just set to TDC

I know that i'm not getting the very best out o fthem , but it had to idle like factory , which it does :D

Nick (NR Autosport) and i are looking into some changes depending on the rolling road results .

TBH the idle really does sound like a totally std car .

Origonaly i did want a 272 inlet 264 exhaust combo too but i fooked up (lnog stury) and had to settle for 272/272 , but in no way do i regret it - the way it drives is really smooth

:D :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.