Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do most of my miles on a amotorway so can the 4500 mile diff oil change be increased? and if so to what?

I also have a funny noise that sounds like its coming from the boot, if i turn hard into a bend left or right it sounds like the sound effects of screaching tyres on a playstation game it is even worse on a roundabout?

is there a electric pump located in the boot area that controlls the ayc? and how will i know if its just noisy of knackered?

regards

console

· Registered
5,361 Posts
that screeching noise is you ayc needing serviced. its either dirty or its got air in it.

supposedly you can leave it till 9000miles

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it shouldnt need servicing as it was supposed to be done when i got it, does it have to be bled when the fluid is changed?

the noise has since become worse and now when the diff is warm after a few miles the noise is louder and sounds like a hacksaw when turning left or right at slow speed.

Im not sure where i stand with the importer as they have wrote on my reciept sold with no garantee or waranty but im hoping if it is serious i will be covered by trading standards as it would be a major defect?

cheers

console

· Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I had the same noise after the car was serviced, took it back and they used the mut again, still screechy noise.
Had to have the rear diff out and new clutch/diff plates fitted...worn out. 73k miles.

Now its fine...DO get it serviced 4500 miles or you'll stuff the diff.

It can take a few goes to get all the air out, but thats down to the garage.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
The squarking diff noise is quite distinct though. If you have any sort of metallic/clunking or banging from the back then your rear diff is about to spit its guts all over the road :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.