Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my clutch changed and yes the flywheel aswell. When the flywheel came off though it had turned blue due to the incredible heat and had warped. The flywheel was worn in such a manner that it cambered out to the edge and as such the clutch wasn't making contact properly. Anyone know why this is?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Purely from the heat that is generated when you start putting 280|PLS|bhp and 300 ft-lbs of torque through the standard clutch. When it starts slipping you generate a lot of heat and it has to go somewhere and ends up in heating the clutch, fluid and flywheel.
I'm getting my clutch changed at the weekend and I'm preparing for the worst in terms of changing the flywheel as well.
Having said that, I've got a good deal on both parts and fitting and so without the flywheel I'm paying £395 for clutch, release bearing and fitting. Bloody good deal for me :D

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good deal I paid that for the clutch itself(ap organic) and I thought that was a good deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moby,
That is for a standard clutch. Parts from Justin and Barny, fitting from Evoboy. It's a good thing this forum is around. I got quoted a small fortune (12hrs labour) off one company to fit the clutch......

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barny,
As you are supplying me the parts, surely you can work it out???? :D:D:D
Anyway, if you don't have a calculator handy, it's about £150

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps it would be in order for Evoboy to thank Barny for telling him how to do the clutch,
Seeing as he has gained financially,it would be the honorable thing to do...in my book ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did I really ? , oh that must have been me sleep phoning ,coz I don't even know who Barny is !!! Tell u wot custy m8 , next time u want yr clutch doing , probably not long with that super beast of yrs , come 2 me and I'll do u an extra special price , don't want u 2 feel left out do we :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyway,
Whether he did or didn't ring whoever for info, the job was carried out very professionally and very well and went without any problems (apart from getting a flywheel from co-ordsport who when we originally phoned up said that they didn't accept credit card payments over the phone !!!!!).

Life is now good again and the car is like new. :)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D @ HH6,
It was definitely Evoboy, but I didn't see any cucumbers or root vegetables at all

Andy

P.S. HH6, I sent off another application form to RW today as got bored with waiting for a response from the last one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts