Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the normal headlights are pants but my E6 has just developed an annoying gremlin. The drivers side headlight will not work on the dip setting - just the side light bulb stays on. Passenger side is fine. On side lights only and on full beam both lights everything is OK, so it does not seem to be a blown bulb or fuse problem. PIAA driving lights work fine too. None of the 3 sets of wires feeding into the main bulb seem to be loose or damaged and the bulb itself seems fine.

If there are any budding electricians out there I'd like to hear from you. You're welcome to have a poke under the bonnet for those of you coming to the Southern R/R day this Saturday. I'd rather not drive around with just the PIAA's and amp; sidelights on looking like a Max Power job.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Blown bulb. Headlight bulbs are twin element in a single bulb, 1 element of full beam the other for dipped. Swap the drivers/passenger side bulbs over to check but I think you will find if you take the bulb out you will see that one of the elements is gone or it will rattle when shaken gently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swapping the bulbs is a good idea. I find that flicking a bulb with my finger nail usually highlights a broken filament but be careful not to touch it with your finger as grease left on the bulb will kill it - if it hasn't blown already.

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
100 % correct.

I once had an MX5, where both low beams had popped, but high beam was OK. Confused the hell out of me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, looks like its the bulb after all: thanks for the replies lads. To be sorted when Dragon put my 'zorst and amp; filter on in a week or so http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Shorty - whoops sorry, I thought you were too old for that! [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could also be the the bulb socket. Mine gave way before, I think it did again. Annoying, and on the same side too but since my EVO4 is LHD, it's more annoying since I need the left side more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts